Bad bad microsoft

vbimport

I notice the last few days both of my computers were hanging up at times. One quick check I notice was that I could go anywhere on the disktop and right click and about every four or five times doing this xp would hang up. I also did a ctlaltdel and started the task manager and found that the verclsid.exe program was starting when the computer would hang up. Doing some checking on line I would that kb908531 patch from micorsoft was causing the problem The following site had a text file kb908531_allfix-xp.txt
that will fix the problem. I downloaded the file to my disktop then changed it to Kb908531_allfix-xp.reg then ran it and it added the lines need to fix the problem.

This problem was driving me crazy until I found this fix. Hope this helps anyone else that is having this problem.

Microsoft has a number of issues with KB908531 (4-12-06 update release).
Microsoft will be releasing fixes for the above 4-25-06

I notice was that I could go anywhere on the disktop and right click and about every four or five times doing this xp would hang up. I also did a ctlaltdel and started the task manager and found that the verclsid.exe program was starting when the computer would hang up.
I also had this behavior. One of the conflicts I had with kb908531 was with my nVidia Display drivers (known issue, along with others). My monitor / display had been running fine, I’m not a gamer so I have not updated then for a long time. With kb90531 installed and I right clicked any open space on Desktop, cursor busy for about 4 to 5 seconds. During this time verclsid.exe was added/active to running processes. When dialog screen finally popped to screen, verclsid.exe removed itself from running processes. I updated my nVidia display adapter to current version, no more problem. Now when I right click on open space on Desktop, dialog pops to screen and NO verclsid.exe process starts in running processes.

I am not a gamer either but I wanted to check and see if updating my nvidia driver would fix the problem so i removed the fix and install the latest driver and it fixed the right click problem at least

until they get it right i removed all of the last set of updates. I started running slower then dirt and I don’t have the known offending HP code and the still unknown others installed. Computer is happy as a clam once more. There is also talk that the 04/25 updates due to security issues may cause some people to have problems with things like bank account software.

Any of you guys try out the new 4/25 stuff yet. I have not heard anything about it but I did not download it yet. Not sure if I will. Things are working just fine the way they are.

If you want to keep it that way !!! [B] DON”T [/B] download and install anything from M$.

I tend to agree. :iagree:

windows included

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: