Backups

vbimport

trying to make a backup of a backup using clonedvd2821 and anydvd5231 it
errors off everyyime. Original backup made with same software.

Try with a 1:1 copy software,like Alcohol 120%,CloneCd or BlindWrite…

If you want te edit this second backup,use DvdRemake pro to remove unwanted stuff and to detect and fix authoring errors…

@ Moparmd,

If in fact you are attempting to copy a backup copy of a DVD that has had the copy protection already removed there is no need to be using AnyDVD.

What is probably happening is that AnyDVD is looking at CSS Keys archive and thinking that your backup copy has copy protections and causing your error problems. It is a good idea to open AnyDVD and look at the top menu bar and click on the CSS Key tab. Then unclick “Use CSS Archive”. This will stop AnyDVD from using the CSS Keys archive. It really isn’t necessary to have AnyDVD reference the CSS Key archive.

As sated above there is no reason to use AnyDVD when making a copy of back that has had the copy protection already removed.

In CloneDVD use the “Write Existing Data” option and point CloneDVD to VIDEO_TS of your backup copy and let CloneDVD do its job.

Best Regards,
bjkg

This is the message I keep getting.
File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_03_1.VOB 1 TCSectorReader
Yet I can watch the movie no problem.

@ Moparmd,

I appears that when the backup copy was Burned to the blank DVD media that there was a Write Error to data that was written to the VTS_03_1.VOB file.

I am quite sure if you closely watch the backup copy when VTS_03_1.VOB is played you will notice skipping/stuttering or something similar when played on a stand-alone desktop DVD player. It is possible if you view the backup copy in the computer DVD Burner that burned the backup copy it might possibly play properly.

Suggest using DVDInfo Pro (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) or similar software utility and check the backup copy for CRC Read Errors. In DVDInfo Pro click on the little magnifying glass icon located on the top menu bar on the DVDInfo Pro opening page (Test Your Media For CRC Read Errors). This will test your recorded DVD media for CRC Read Errors. If you find CRC Read Errors in the backup copy you need to re-record the DVD again.

Usually poor DVD media and/or Burning data too fast cause Read/Write CRC Errors.

Some problems caused by poor DVD media can be overcome by taking a couple actions. Slow down your burning speed. Limit all background activity while Burning DVDs including Ant-Virus programs. Defragment your Hard Drive (Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Disk Defragmenter). Check for Spyware by running Spybot-Search & Destroy (http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html)

Best Regards,
bjkg