Backups don't work now

vbimport

Hi all,

In my family we try to backup all our movies, it has been working fine using DVD Shrink + Nero but recently the discs will not play on our main DVD player! I have reinstalled my PC (due to other reasons) and still did not work. I also messed around with DVD Decrypter and DVD43 but still no luck. The most recent of these not working is all the old Indy movies and Battlestar Galactica. However I have season 3 and 4 of 24 and season 1 of Corner Gas and some movies with no problem. Any ideas?

Tjvelcro

at first i would think that you are having problems with copy protections. dvdshrink and dvd decrypter are no longer being updated and dvd43 was last updated April 9, 2008. now i dont know much about dvd43 so im not certain how well it really works.

you could also be experiencing scratched or dirty discs. if the disc is readable in a standalone player does not necessarily mean it will read properly in a dvd drive. if the problem is scratched or dirty disc, besides cleaning there is not much which can be done. there are other solutions which i dont recommend. you may find them by searching google.

you may also have bad dvd media and burning too fast. please post burn logs for review.

if the problem is copy protections, i have three suggestions.

1. use anydvd as background decrypter similar to dvd43. you can use anydvd with dvdshrink, nero and dvd decrypter. there is a trial so you can try before you buy.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/f88/

2. use free dvdfabhd decrypter. you can rip the video to the hard drive then reauthor with dvd shrink and burn with nero or dvd decrypter.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/

3. use dvdfab platinum. this is an all-in-one program. decrypt, rip, reauthor, compress and burn in just a few easy steps.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/

[quote=Tjvelcro;2089977]Hi all,

In my family we try to backup all our movies, it has been working fine using DVD Shrink + Nero but recently the discs will not play on our main DVD player! [/quote]
Are these discs you already backed up? Is the main dvd player new? Are you using different blank dvd’s? What kind of blank dvd’s you use for the back ups? DVD43 does not work good you can try anydvd like troy512 mentioned it is an updated program that works much better than dvd43. I use anydvd and dvdshrink sometimes when I want to use something different. But most of the time I use my favorite program dvdfab platinum which has worked for almost all movies I have backed up so far and you get a 30 day free trial too. AS for your blank media use verbatim or taiyo yuden blank discs.

Moved to the Copy DVD forum.

[QUOTE=troy512;2089983]i dont know much about dvd43 so im not certain how well it really works.
[/QUOTE]

DVD43 works on the fly just like AnyDVD.

I’ve only tested it myself very roughly but it seems fairly useful.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=GJ;2089999]Are these discs you already backed up? [/QUOTE]

That’s the key question! :iagree:

If they’re originals then Troy512’s advice is spot on.

If they’re existing backups then the OP should re-rip the original discs.

[B]Wombler[/B]