Backup4All

I am trying to use this software to back up files on my Desktop computer over my home network (Ethernet connected) to a USB Hard Drive connected to my networked laptop. Initially, this works fine. However, if I disconnect the USB drive from my laptop (as I do every day in order to move the laptop to another location where I connect to the network wirelessly) and reconnect it later in the day, the program no longer recognizes the desktop source drives for the backup. As a result, I have to re-identify all of the partitions (5 of them) to the program before it can successfully run the backup (as you can imagine, this plays havic with my scheduling backups).

Is this normal behavior for a program such as this? Shouldn’t it recognize the source partitions when I reconnect and run the program?

[QUOTE=blegs38552;2231772]
Is this normal behavior for a program such as this? Shouldn’t it recognize the source partitions when I reconnect and run the program?[/QUOTE]

This makes me smile “normal behavior for a program…”. I’ve never used this program and judging by the lack of replies to your question, it seems not too many others here have either. I did check their website and noticed that support is free. It might be worth your while to ask your question there.

I did send a request for support, but it never hurts t get more then 1 opinion. Thanks for ooking at their site.