Backup using single drive

I am trying DVDFab 5.2.3.0 to make backups of my DVDs. I am attempting to do a Disc copy using a single DVD drive. DVDfab runs the copy to a temp file on c and asks for blank media when I put in a blank disc the drive just reopens. I then cancel the job and attempt copying from the temp files created previously which creates the disc but fails at the verification stage with a stage 2 error 122.

Is there a trick to making a copy using a single drive?

[QUOTE=dougzt;2245701]I am trying DVDFab 5.2.3.0 to make backups of my DVDs. I am attempting to do a Disc copy using a single DVD drive. DVDfab runs the copy to a temp file on c and asks for blank media when I put in a blank disc the drive just reopens. I then cancel the job and attempt copying from the temp files created previously which creates the disc but fails at the verification stage with a stage 2 error 122.

Is there a trick to making a copy using a single drive?[/QUOTE]

The verification function of the VSO software that DVDFab uses as the default burn engine has a known issue with the verify feature so you should remove the check mark for that setting, however if you wish to use a verify function you can select ImgBurn as the burn engine in DVDFab’s common settings -> Write of course that is if you have ImgBurn installed if not you can download it from imgburn.com it is freeware.
you may want to make the following settings changes in ImgBurn before using it within DVDFab

Open ImgBurn and click on “Tools” located on the menu bar and select "Settings"
click on the “Build” tab and make sure there is a check mark in the following boxes
1…Check 'Close Program’
2…Don’t Prompt Image Details
3…Don’t Prompt VIDEO_TS Content
4…Don’t Prompt Volume Label
any other boxes can stay as they are.

To set the write/burn speed do the following
Put a blank disc into the drive/burner, with ImgBurn open make sure your drive is selected in the target window…(lower leftside)
Now on the right hand side click on the “Device” tab, now on the very bottom right you’ll see three buttons click on the top button to open the write speed settings page.
On the lower left side under “Settings” you will see a window next to “Disc ID” which will contain the MID(Media ID) of the blank disc that you have in your drive/burner, just below that window is where you can set the burn speed for that perticular MID once you enter the write speed click on the “ADD”…NOTE…each time you buy a new spindle of media you should check the MID becuase it can change even when using the same brand name.
the other dropdown window below is for setting a perticular drive/burner if you have more then one and one of them has better results with that MID at a different write speed