Backup "The Movies" SafeDics 4.6

vbimport

Yesterday my older brother bought a new game so we took and home and first thing I went to image it so if it got messed up we wouldn’t be skrewed. I’m trying to make a backup image of the PC game “The Movies” it’s on 3 CDs,I know that really doesn’t matter, and has SafeDisc 4.6 on it, the first disc like always is the only protected one. :a GEEZ I haven’t had something give me this much trouble since he bought Sims 2. Anyone know what I can use to get a good image of the disc ? Like something that supports Safedisc 4.6. Here is what I got when I scanned it for protection. :sad:

-=[ ProtectionID v5.2 ]=- © CdKiller & [x/xxx]
Build 01-11-2006…
> Ready

Scanning -> D:\Setup\Data\Movies.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 12852831 (0C41E5Fh) Bytes
-> File has 1355359 (014AE5Fh) bytes of appended data starting at offset 0AF7000h
[!] Safedisc 4.60.000 detected !
[!] protection level: Safedisc API
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> CDKey

• Scan Took : 14.125 Seconds

Yea that is the just of it so what you’ll think?

Welcome kendall14,

use this guide for a backup of your protected disc.

Thanks, but I acully ended up doing what I didn’t want to do and it worked. I didn’t want to set there and just let it put error after error but it did work. I just wish I would have remember to set the times it had to got over before it declared it as an error (I used Alcohol 120%), it took 4 hours!! But after taht I burned it to a cd-rw to see if it worked and it pissed it off, kept crashing. So I decided I most be close, burned to a cd-r and boom I have a full backup disc now. So thanks that should come in handy next probably. lol If anyone wants to know I used my “Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-111” drive, I believe that is the model and I know it’s Pioneer with 111 in it and a DVD-RW DL dirve but I can’t check right now so I’ll go with that.)

The read errors are a part of SafeDisc protection some drives are able skipping them very fast some drives aren’t seems like your Pioneer is one of these.