Backup Splinter Cell with Plex 40/1240?

Hi guys,

I have a PLextor 40/12/40 and was wondering if anyone who has the same burner was able to backup the UK PC version of Splinter Cell. I understand that CD3 has SDv2.8

Thanks in advance for any help or advice,

Cheers
Ace

SafeDisc 2.80 can be copied with CloneCD (and other software, check this thread for example). When burning the image of the game (reading can be done with your Plextor as well) you need to use ‘emulate weak sectors’ and when playing the game (from every drive, no matter if it’s a CD-writer or normal CD-ROM) you need to enable ‘Hide CDR Media’ in the CloneCD tray (to prevent pre-gap reading of the back-up disc). Please report back when you need more information or help.

Ps. amplify weak sectors may also work, emulate is however recommended since that should give you a 100% working back-up (when Hide CDR Media is enabled of course).

In the end I used Alcohol 120% to make an image and to burn the image too… it seems to work for me…would I have been better off using CloneCD instead?

For future reference which is the best profile to use??

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers
Ace

PS - I have just found out that Nero Info tool and CloneCD don’t like each other!! once I removed CloneCD Info tool worked again?
Any ideas on that one?

In the end I used Alcohol 120% to make an image and to burn the image too… it seems to work for me…would I have been better off using CloneCD instead?
No, Alcohol will also do the trick but with CloneCD you have a choice to emulate or not.

For future reference which is the best profile to use??
That really depends on the protection that is present on the disc. The default ‘Protected PC Game’ Profile should do the trick in most cases.

PS - I have just found out that Nero Info tool and CloneCD don’t like each other!! once I removed CloneCD Info tool worked again? Any ideas on that one?
Yep, CloneCD’s Virtual CloneDrive is probably interferring. Disable it via the CloneCD-tray (tray, Virtual CloneDrive and in the screen that appears set Number of Drives: Disabled).