Backup Software for Removable Media

vbimport

Looking for suggestions.

What is best software to Backup Directories/Folders from a hard disk to multiple Double Layer DVDs??

Just bought a DVD burner that supports DVD+R Double Layer.

I want to archive some Adobe Premiere Elements projects, which range from 10GB to 35GB, to clear out disk space. The included software is Nero Express which does not seem to span multiple DVDs. Some of my projects are 30GBs and I want to be able to archive a project to a set of Double Layer DVDs.

Also, I want to keep files in uncompressed and identical order to what is on disk drive.

• I tried CyberLink PowerBackup 2.5 but that creates a “backup” file which contains the files, so I can’t access them directly without Cyberlink.

• I tried the included Nero Express and that doesn’t span DVDs.

• I tried Acronis, but that also creates a “backup” file which contains the files, so I can’t access without Acronis.

I tried Backup4All 3.7 and that seems to do the job.

Any other Suggestions than Backup4All???

Try DVD Shrink 3.2

DVD Shrink is used for “shrinking” Video DVDs; it doesn’t in any way make it possible to create Data DVDs and is irrelevant for this task.

Just copy and paste the files

Copying and pasting files to a DVD only works in Windows Vista but not in Windows XP, unless you install additional software.

There’s no builtin DVD recording in Windows XP or earlier Windows versions.

Liar I have done it before

Oh wait sorry I guess it doesn’t work with dvds that aren’t rw though my suggestion is to instead of using DVDs, just buy a hard drive and ide/sata to usb cable. You can probably get a cheap hard drive and cable at either www.tigerdirect.com or www.newegg.com

But I’m pretty sure Nero does DVD9(DVD DL)

Are you trying to get banned from this forum by attacking staff?

You need to read our forum rules again and pay attention to the part about rude and disrespectful behaviour.

Consider this a warning! :cop:

Oh wait sorry
And the “sorry” is why I let you off with a warning. :wink:

I’m sorry that you’re offended by the word liar but I think that bad words are not words like liar but curse words