Backup SecuROM DVD's?

vbimport

I heard a rumour that Blindwrite can backup SecuROM DVD’s?

Is this true?

So far Tron 2 and Enter the Matrix dvd-rom version’s have been backed-up

OK. Is that with version 5? I have resisted upgrading because I have plex premium and I like 4.5.x.x because I can produce good working copies with this. I think vesion 5 relies on some emulation doesn’t it?

I think vesion 5 relies on some emulation doesn’t it?

Nope, your plex premium doesn’t require any emulation. Only for all the other drives to work.

Use Rico’s tweaker if you don’t want to add autoplay but it doesn’t make any difference.

I add it to my discs even though i have a plex premium, and it doesn’t get used on machines that don’t have bw or autoplay (for obvious reasons) but if i use the same disc on my “copying machine” the games actually verify quicker.

Is that with version 5?

Yes that’s version 5, but only games with securom <5

Well I bought the license for Version 5 and tried UT2004. I can get the backup image to work from DT 3.46 but a burnt copy will not work. Still as I only need it for a backup that is good enough for me.

:slight_smile:

Actually I lied.

I made a better BWA graph and the burnt copy works just fine

:cool: :cool: :cool:

hey dr evil

ive been trying for days to backup my ut2k4 se dvd… dvd1 is the only protected one as dvd2 is just movie…

when u made the graph, did u use bw5’s topology extractor or did u use a separate utility? also did u use autoplay or twinpeak method?

anoyne got a site for rico’s tool? did u use rico’s tool to burn it?

id really appreciate any help that i can get, but id also appreciate ur bwa file too since i cant get a working bwa yet :frowning:

DT 3.46???
is not released yet :confused:

DT is released if your a customer and help support the guys by making a small donation;)

As for the BWA graph… I used Blindwrites own utility but I also found a great BWA here

Portmacs BWA site

I burnt it using BW 5.1.5.132

And it was the autoplay method.

Hope that helps.

But my UT has only 1 DVD

:a

Where did you get yours from?

Hi Doc, How are you. What DVD rw drive did you use to make a working copy. I have the pioneer 105, would I be able to make a working copy on that?

Ta
TEL

Hello Tel,

Your name seems familiar? Have we ever met on a forum?:bigsmile:

I used the Pioneer 106D. I cant see why not is the answer to your question. Pop me a PM on the other forum;) and we work out and test your drive.

Hi yer,
Thanks mate, that is good to know.

Originally posted by dr–evil
[B]DT is released if your a customer and help support the guys by making a small donation;)

As for the BWA graph… I used Blindwrites own utility but I also found a great BWA here

Portmacs BWA site

I burnt it using BW 5.1.5.132

And it was the autoplay method.

Hope that helps.

But my UT has only 1 DVD

:a

Where did you get yours from? [/B]

i bought the special edition of ut2k4, its 2 disc… where did u get the 1dvd version from? a friend of mine is lookin for a dvd version to buy but they only made 200,000 special edition dvds, and all i seen in stores is the cd version.

also the bwa on portmac’s site strangely looks exactly liek the matrix dvd and ive tried it already it didnt work . when i tried bwaing with bw’s topology reader it only reads the first quarter of it, while that’s not too bad what is bad is that the crap reader i got spiked it tooo much, bwaedit 5.1 just crashes all the time on me when i try to save and bwaedit cant open b5t files :frowning:

if bw4 can read dvds i would have this copied by now…

as far as i can see, copying ut2k4 dvd special edition is impossible at this point.

using the ut2k4 (matrix) bwa on portmac’s site dont work on autoplay and making my own bwa dont work either. i tried with the tweaker and the profiles. slow extraction isnt supported yet either. i dunno who u got urs to copy but as far as i can tell it aint workin…

im preety sure that’s the matrix bwa renamed to ut2k4 on that site. the topology extractor, while it is limited, can read the first set of spikes and those spikes are much more spread than the bwa on the site. on top of it all, etm is liek 2 gigs while ut2k4 is 3.5 gigs so why does the bwas have the exact same size? look at a cdrom’s bwa for a 200 meg game then look at one for a 600 meg game, the 200 meg game’s bwa is either truncated or shortened. so my question is why doesnt the dvd’s bwa do the same for etm and ut2k4? im not trying to bash portmac but im trying to at least warn others before they screw up some burns with the bwa on portmac’s site.

im preety sure that’s the matrix bwa renamed to ut2k4 on that site.

I can guarantee you are dead wrong, I made and submitted the BWA myself, it is not the Matrix bwa that has been renamed. You don’t like the BWA’s or have questions about them thats fine, then don’t use them, make your own, but don’t accuse anyone of something like this without knowledge.
It took me two days and every single dvd-rom and writer I have to get this BWA to look like that, finally after disabling a few service’s I got it, and it was the NEC 2500A that did it, like I said you don’t like it don’t use it, make your own.
This BWA worked for someone, just not you.

im not trying to bash portmac but im trying to at least warn others before they screw up some burns with the bwa on portmac’s site.

No you’ll just make an unfounded accusation based on nothing, people have been downloading BWA’s from his site for awhile now, some get them to work for them and some just have crappy writers.

what is bad is that the crap reader i got spiked it tooo much

If you don’t get a perfect BWA then there is a way to clean them up with-in the BB5 and without BWAedit, again it works for some just depends on how bad your BWA/topology is to begin with.
If you are running Alcohol and are using the virtual drive, then change your virtual drives to zero, since Alcohol has been blacklisted or so they say on the Alcohol support forums.

For those of you that arent aware of this and are registered user’s of BlindWrite 5, you can examine the topology file and see what it looks like and even clean it up, just download the the standalone BB5 from the VSO download site open it and then browse to the image and load it, here you will see the topology that was extracted, and then under file you will see clean last loaded curve do it and save, thats all.

Enter the Matrix is 2.45 gigs and UT2K4 is 3.64 and although there is a considerable size difference in the game has nothing to do with the BWA/topology you will hinf less than 10 in size difference between any BWA that is created:
Viet Cong Fist Alpha (CD) BWA is 26.9kb’s
UT2K3 (CD) BWA is only 25.3kb’s
Viet Cong (CD) BWA is 27.3kb’s
UT2K4 (DVD) BWA is 30.5kb’s
Enter the Matrix (DVD) BWA is 15.6kb’s
As you can see the dvd-rom version game BWA’s isn’t much bigger than the cd-rom versions yet the size of the games themselves is sometimes 4 times the size of the game on the cd-rom. the size of the game has very little if anything to do with the BWA. And as you’ll see the ETM and UT2K4 aren’t even close in size. As you can see in the image below

Originally posted by [deth]
im preety sure that’s the matrix bwa renamed to ut2k4 on that site.
Well you would be wrong then.

Originally posted by [deth]
im not trying to bash portmac but im trying to at least warn others before they screw up some burns with the bwa on portmac’s site.
Warn others about what…because you have one bad burn it’s the fault of the BWA file from my site, have you noticed how few have been able to make a working backup of a SecuRom protected DVD.
Nearly all of the .BWA files on my site came from members of CDFreaks and I have yet to recieve 1 complaint about the BWA files being wrong or resulting in bad burn, this is not to say that they are perfect and will work for everone. If the BWA file from my site does not work for you then you should either make one your self or obtain one from somewhere else.

Deth, A few comments.

I burned UT2k4 with both the BWA on Portmac’s site and my own. Both have worked. I must admit the one on Portmacs site is slightly better than mine (thanks Kamikazee). You must remember the key to a clean BWA is have nothing Unnecessary running in the background. It is a very sensitive operation.

As for them not working then I am sorry but it defiately IS possible to make a working backup. If you want to come to my house then I will show you. I would post you the working backup but that is illegal;)

Maybe your writer is not up to it. What burner do you have?

Mine is a Pioneer 106D and I think its great. Only 4xspeed but very reliable.

I wont mention about the copied BWA thing as it has been dealt with by Kamikazee and Portmac but you should definately get you facts right before making accusations.

this is why i said it looks like enter the matrix… what is strange is that ut2k4 is bigger by a gig, shouldnt the spikes be more spread out on ut’s disc? why doesnt enter the matrix’s bwa end before ut2k4’s bwa? it was just too weird to me to not mention anything. between the 2 bwas the spikes are in the exact same spots…
again sorry if i offended anyone i ddnt not want to start a flame war all i wanted is to get my backup to work. drop the flame war, i was not out to offend/accuse/whatever anyone.

back to the topic before it got derailed -
i am using an lg gsa4040b to make the image. i used it to burn securom using bw 4.5.7 and autoplay before i got my plex. it has made good bwas before, but when i try making my own bwas, i get this:

of course there’s no way in hell that bwa would actually work. i have alll my crap disabled on, all i see is the sound icon on the taskbar, everythign is off.
my question is, when u burned ut ut2k4, did u use autoplay or twinpeaks method? were u using the tweaker or profiles? basically i need details on how u got it working so i can try to make a more succesful backup of it… ill use kamikazie’s bwa on it so i wont need ur bwa.

here’s what happens when i try to fix it

btw i wasnt asking for u to upload me a image dr evil, all i was asking for is a bwa and what method u used to burn it.

I burnt it using Autoplay method. I used a SecuROM new profile I downloaded somewhere from inside this forum. The burn was done at 4x. Thats all I can tell you. Have you made sure Alcohol Virtual Drives are disabled and DT is also disabled to remove any possible blacklist?