Backup Playstation 2 games without MOD Chip?

No one seems to have answered this question, but I would like to know if using CloneCD I could make a backup copy of a PS2 game I have without needing to install a MOD Chip. If CloneCD couldn’t do this, is there any software that could? Thank you.

-therocketman

No software can make a self-booting copy of a ps2 game. You must have a mod chip or some other boot method (e.g. swap disc) for any back-up copy to work.

Which PS2 version; Original brick or Slimline?

Original brick.

Why is this?

Simply because you can not break the encryption. They have NDAS files mostly. They also have configurations that will not work if directly copied such as DVDs do. You will need a Mod Chip or some mod software to play a copy of any game on most any unit. PS3/3, X-box, PSP, Hell even Nentendo old games had to emulated of sorts to copy and play on another machine. Was it Nentendo DS that you play hand held or plug into a TV/Monitor? That did the same sort of thing. It was easier.
Bottom line you will need to pay for software at least. I am not sure but I am reading that most software only works for flip top PS2. I do not have one. I am checking on a PSP prob. hope that helps.

[QUOTE=spazpc;2284007]Simply because you can not break the encryption. They have NDAS files mostly. They also have configurations that will not work if directly copied such as DVDs do. You will need a Mod Chip or some mod software to play a copy of any game on most any unit. PS3/3, X-box, PSP, Hell even Nentendo old games had to emulated of sorts to copy and play on another machine. Was it Nentendo DS that you play hand held or plug into a TV/Monitor? That did the same sort of thing. It was easier.
Bottom line you will need to pay for software at least. I am not sure but I am reading that most software only works for flip top PS2. I do not have one. I am checking on a PSP prob. hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

It’s good and all but did you happen to look at the last posted date was like 2006??? Before posting to a thread look at the lasted posted date. Rehasing old threads especially one that is 3 years old is way to old.