Backup Of W Failed

I tried to backup my copy of W with the current version of DVDFAB and it will not work ? Just keeps reading with no end?

DVDFab is still trying to read the dvd source for over 10 minutess I canceled it and took off pathplayer and main movie only and it can not get by the scan process of the dvd to create an IFO file.

The scan completed after 14 minutes and is now trying to backup.

How about a little more info then what you are giving us, so far I see nothing to go on to give any help :confused:
Which DVDFab product are you using and what mode is being used ?
Have you tried different settings for PathPlayer and have you checked the playing surface to make sure there finger prints or damage and /or artifacts ?.
Have you checked the transfer mode of the drive/burner to see if it is in DMA mode or PIO mode ?

I had no problems at all.

Update to 5232 and set Pathplayer to Always Enabled and you shouldn’t have ay problem.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2216541]How about a little more info then what you are giving us, so far I see nothing to go on to give any help :confused:
Which DVDFab product are you using and what mode is being used ?
Have you tried different settings for PathPlayer and have you checked the playing surface to make sure there finger prints or damage and /or artifacts ?.
Have you checked the transfer mode of the drive/burner to see if it is in DMA mode or PIO mode ?[/QUOTE]

This is the same info you give to everybody to try with no luck there is a new scheme on this disc. I did mention my version is most current release… I mentioned I tried different configs of path player with it off and on and tried movie only but after 14 min of scanning with path player off it took. I was able to backup and now in the prcess of burning a copy the prior copy when attempting to burn gave me a code error of 15. So it looks like a new copy scheme on this disc. I tried it on 3 different machines with the same results a long source scan which I have never seen before 14 min? Thats long… and it happen on 3 machines. so I am able to duplicate the problem. Thanks for your help but I was able to use another program to get around the errors.

W. was a piece of cake. No issues at all. :wink:

[QUOTE=sneakers2;2216589]I had no problems at all.

Update to 5232 and set Pathplayer to Always Enabled and you shouldn’t have ay problem.[/QUOTE]

I had this version as I update everytime a new release is out…and settings on 3 machines and it had a hard time scanning source my copy is region 1 is yours a region 1 disc?

Well after getting it to burn the dvd will not play back at all. So I had to go use another application and made a perfect copy.

Knock Knock anybody home :confused:
I asked [B]->[/B] “[B]Which[/B] DVDFab [B]product[/B] are you using and what mode is being used ?” and didn’t ask about a version :disagree:
I posted #4 please show me in post #1, 2 or 3 where you mentioned “I tried different configs of path player with it off and on”:frowning:

Now if my help seems old news to you then fine I’ll stay out of giving you help :iagree:

Have a nice day :flower:

Yes R1, just bought it at BJs Wholesale Club.:wink: I only tried full disc though, maybe I will try the other modes.

[QUOTE=burgman;2216605]I had this version as I update everytime a new release is out…and settings on 3 machines and it had a hard time scanning source my copy is region 1 is yours a region 1 disc?[/QUOTE]

Yep, it’s region 1. Got it this morning at Big Red. Did Main Movie only. Plays fine on my Sony and cyberhome. I burned with ImgBurn.

DITTO: Region 1 Path Player enabled Main Movie Verbatim media burnt at 12X FAB Version 5.2.3.2 no problems, it did take 3 passes on the scanning though, watching it now and plays great so maybe you have something else going on there Mr. Burgman as there is no new copy protection on this movie

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2216659]DITTO: Region 1 Path Player enabled Main Movie Verbatim media burnt at 12X FAB Version 5.2.3.2 no problems, it did take 3 passes on the scanning though, watching it now and plays great so maybe you have something else going on there Mr. Burgman as there is no new copy protection on this movie[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jimbo

Yes it took me 14 minutes just to scan and when I tried to burn a copy it was no good. My master is a brand new DVD out of the box and plays well in a standard DVD player with no problem. I was able to dupilcate the same problem on two machines for burning a copy it is very strange how some copies work and others don’t. I have notice other people who are having problems with other dvd titles that I didn’t have so I guess its just a selective thing. TY

[QUOTE=sneakers2;2216624]Yep, it’s region 1. Got it this morning at Big Red. Did Main Movie only. Plays fine on my Sony and cyberhome. I burned with ImgBurn.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t try to burn main movie so I suspect if your try to do the whole dvd it might not work.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2216617]Knock Knock anybody home :confused:
I asked [B]->[/B] “[B]Which[/B] DVDFab [B]product[/B] are you using and what mode is being used ?” and didn’t ask about a version :disagree:
I posted #4 please show me in post #1, 2 or 3 where you mentioned “I tried different configs of path player with it off and on”:frowning:

Now if my help seems old news to you then fine I’ll stay out of giving you help :iagree:

Have a nice day :flower:[/QUOTE]

Hey Storm I appreciate the help and feedback it gets so frustrating when you get the same problem on 3 machines. I used another product to rip and burn and it did it in half the time and copy the whole DVD with no problems. I know recently 3 past new titles that came out had new copy schemes that had to be address and I assume that they keep playing with the schemes so that we can’t backup our discs.

Thanks again.

Well glad that you got it burnt OK, I just finished watching it myself and it was a good movie IMHO

It was a good movie:confused:, maybe I will pick it up tomorrow as I thought a movie about Bush would not be any good

Well you can’t just blame one man for all our troubles as it is the senate and congress also :slight_smile: and he got some bad information from his crew

i had same problem. set pathplayer to always on and problem resolved.