Backup of Serious Sam

Hi, if anyone can help it would be appreciated!

New to CD burning, running CloneCD (latest version) with a Plextor 24/10/40A burner.

Based on the UK, trying to backup Serious Sam (european version) with no luck (three failed discs so far!). ClonyXL says just read errors and to enable fast error skip.

Tried various combo’s but when installing from backup each time says “failed exec”.

Anyone have any luck with this?

Seem to have thousands of read errors up until sector 10008 then ok, then a load more read errors intermittently throughout the CD…

Cheers anyone
Zangief

using the search I found this, perhaps it helps?
Or this

If it helps, it proves my so often stated point, you can get answers quicker if you put in a little effort on your own…

If it doesn’t help…sorry

Originally posted by Zangief
Seem to have thousands of read errors up until sector 10008 then ok, then a load more read errors intermittently throughout the CD…
I believe Serious Sam has SafeDisc 2 as a protection and it should then only have read errors in the first 500-10.000 sectors or so. After this point the disc should be error free which it isn’t. Are you reading from a scratched/smudged disc? Try a lower reading speed with max read-retries.

Goodluck

Thanks guys.

I certainly did do a search before I posted this subject but really didn’t get the answers I need from that search…

As is turns out, the problem was a scratched original disc which no longer works (so proves that backing up original discs is in fact useful). I had to buy a new copy of the game and backing this up with CloneCD was no problem (although clonyXL does not report this as a SafeDisc2 disc).

The errors as described 500-10000 were there.

Keep up the good work…
Regards
Zangy