Backup of Mapcreate 6.3

vbimport

Hello Everyone,

I have Mapcreate 6.3 (with 6 CDs). It is copy protected. After loading software into the system, to run the program it asks to put the original CD back. Once programs starts disk can be removed.

I don’t have much knowledge of computer. I want to make a back-up copy for myself. Is there anyone who can guide me how to make a copy of software as original ?

So I can use COPIED cds to load program and once it ask for ORIGINAL CD to run the program I want to use COPIED CD as well. (Basically I want complete back-up as original). I don’t want to ruin original CDs, already got enough scratches.

Thank you … Captain

Hi, welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

First, there’s no need to post the same thing twice, once is enough. It’s also against forum rules.

This thread will be moved to “CD & DVD Copy Protection”, and hopefully someone will help you out in there. Your other thread will be deleted.

Thank You.

You could try this with CloneCD
Download for a 30 day trial…it´s excellent software and worth buying to do back-ups of anything on a disc (without compression)

PS…welcome to the cdfreaks show…once inside…you can never leave…hehe!

We need to know the used protection scan the installation folder of Mapcreate 6.3 using Protection ID and tell us your result.

Kalas,

I scanned the folder with (A-Ray Scanner) where MapCreate 6.3 is installed and got the following result.

[20:33:33 PM] SecuROM 5.03.13.0022 detected -> C:\Program Files\LEI\MapCreateUSAHuntTopo6.3\MapCreate.exe
[20:33:35 PM] — File(s) Scan Finished [2.44s] –

I also scanned the file C:\Program Files\LEI\MapCreateUSAHuntTopo6.3\MapCreate.exe with (PROTECTION ID SCANNER) and got following results.

Scanning -> C:\Program Files\LEI\MapCreateUSAHuntTopo6.3\MapCreate.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 7073792 (06BF000h) Bytes
-> Suspicious MZ Header…
[!] SecuROM Detected - Version 5.03.13
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check -> SerialNumber

• Scan Took : 0.297 Seconds

THANKS…

Creating a working backup shouldn’t be any problem. You can try this guide and post your result when you’re done good luck.

Thanks Kalas,

I followed every step for all CDs as in the guide. Unfortunately once I put 1st Cd into the drive to start loading software in the system. It just doesn’t respond.

I also burnt CDs by using " copy wizard " in Alcohol 120% using “datatype secuROM 4/5/7”. Again it did copy CD to Cd properly and even loads into the system properly BUT to run the program it requires ORIGINAL CD and doesn’t accept COPIED/BURNT CD.

Is there any other alternative ? I’ll really appreciate everyone’s help…

Thanks… Captain

Seems like your drive got problems with the TwinPeak copy you tried any other drive?

In this case you tried this this tutorial?

Kalas,

I did burn CDs with RMPS emulation, Luckily it did work on computer where CDs were copied. I used same copied CDs on different system, It loaded the software properly but again to run the program it is asking for Original CD and doesn’t accept copied version. Whereas it does work on the system where it was copied.

Does it have to do anything with the speed of Drives ??? or any other way to burn CDs which will work on any systems ???

Thanks… Captain

With the right settings done in Alcohol it’ll work on the system where it’s installed as it needs emulation for working which Alcohol provides. For another computer you need Daemon Tools with is capable of emulating and is free you’ve to tick RMPS and probably SafeDisc emulation to run the software in the emulation settings. I assume you did this for test purposes as you normally need one original copy for each PC unless the EULA says something else.

Thank you very much kalas,

You are the BEST. I really appreciate for all the help you have provided me for copying the software. It is working by setting the proper options in ALCOHOL 120%. Tutorial was very easy to understand and for everyone who has no knowledge of Computers.

Just one correction to be made in the tutorial that (STEPS # 19, 20, 21,)

- Ignore Media Type
    - RMPS (Recordable Medial Physical Signature) Emulation

Under EMULATION option, should be checked in the beginning as soon u open the program ALCOHOL 120%, Because you want to make option settings to apply for burning purposes. Not at the end.

Once again thanks for all your guidance … CAPTAIN

You’re welcome. For step 20 which might be the problem here. I’m not sure if these settings are done while installation of Alcohol so they’re default settings. My Alcohol installation is running for quite some time now so I guess Ben just showed the default settings when opened first time and then showed how to change the settings so thery’re ok. Maybe someone has more info in that case.

It is possible to copy the software. As per the license agreement in the software owners manual EULA I am permitted to make working copies for MY use and so I did… The fact that they tried to prevent me is a violation of the agreement. Enuf said.

You need to a earlier version of Blindwrite and a current copy of Alcohol 120.

Follow this guide http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=145339.

I used this guide with a different CD burner and it worked. You only need to use this method on one of the four cds.

Piracy is a crime… Do what you want with this information. I ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY for your actions.

Peace

Tried it myself on mapcreate 6.3 works fine just follow tread by bcn_246 all credit goes to him.I u need is alcohol 120 version i used was 1.9.7 build 6221 .
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f81/illustrated-guide-copying-securom-7-rmps-emulation-144003/

I’m a newbie to this forum after a long search looking for Map Create support. I know this is out of the blue but perhaps you can help me. I have the Map Create 6.3 set but the disc containing Florida and the south east got stepped on and cracked. Now that you have successfully learned the backup procedure, would it be possible for you to make a single copy of just that disc for me so I have the complete set?

I checked support at the Lowrance site and did not see any availability of individual replacement discs.

If you can, I will send you my mailing address.

Thanks
Ebby

[QUOTE=flying;1660957]Thank you very much kalas,

You are the BEST. I really appreciate for all the help you have provided me for copying the software. It is working by setting the proper options in ALCOHOL 120%. Tutorial was very easy to understand and for everyone who has no knowledge of Computers.

Just one correction to be made in the tutorial that (STEPS # 19, 20, 21,)

- Ignore Media Type
    - RMPS (Recordable Medial Physical Signature) Emulation

Under EMULATION option, should be checked in the beginning as soon u open the program ALCOHOL 120%, Because you want to make option settings to apply for burning purposes. Not at the end.

Once again thanks for all your guidance … CAPTAIN[/QUOTE]