Backup of GTA3 need help

vbimport

I am using a Lite-on LTR-24102b with clonecd 4.0.1.10 adn tryign to backup GTA3 with what i beleive is SD2 protection. I have made 3 copies and all with the same error. When i enter the backup copy of the disc it says “cannot locate the cd-rom” and no its not my cd-rom because it works fine with the original copy of GTA3.
I have tried using clony xl xxl an dmy own settigns but always the same. Im asking for help on how to make a working copy.

Thank you

Hi There

I have the same writer as you have, and it is possible to backup GTA3 with it.

All I did was the following:

1. Used my DVD drive to read the image onto my Hard Drive, using the ( GAME ) setting.

" Don’t read the Discs with your Liteon as you will get coasters "

1. Then simply Write the Discs using your Liteon.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Good Luck!!! :smiley: :smiley:

---- STREAMLINE ----

reading safedisk with a liteon should be fine! its securom new that the liteons don’t like.

You’ve probably already done this, but just in case: remember to enable “hide cd media” in the clone cd tray icon if you are using your copy in a drive capable of reading ATIP info, ie writers.

Also when making your backup rember to turn amplify weak sectors OFF. Your drive doesnt need it, and in some cases can make a coaster when its enabled.

Yorke_19 is right. You will not have ANY problems reading Safedisc with a Liteon drive, and no you will not get any coasters, so Streamline, do a little research before you make a statement like that.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by Streamline
[B]

" Don’t read the Discs with your Liteon as you will get coasters "

[/B]

Thats not true

Its only on Securom Games (Wacraft III, NWN)

Allmighty, you should be able to read games like NWN and WC3 with a liteon as long as you read it slowly and activiate the Regenerate Data Sectors. That corrects the problem.

Just get the latest patch for GTA3. It no longer includes the SD2 protection.

Well thanks all. I will take all your info and use it when i go buy more cd’s hehe. I just got back from holidays and will let yall know how i make out backing up this cd.

Thanks again

:bow: i have a sony cxr175e cdrw and i have a samsun sd-608
dvd-rom how do i easy make a working iso of gta3 cd2 so i have a copy of my orginal

Originally posted by sweetmeinert
:bow: i have a sony cxr175e cdrw and i have a samsun sd-608
dvd-rom how do i easy make a working iso of gta3 cd2 so i have a copy of my orginal

use the lastet Alcohol Software, without amplify weak sectors