Backup navigation dvd

vbimport

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone out there knows how to create a backup of a gps navgiation dvd. I have a NEC 3500A dual layer burner and i also bought Ritek dual layer dvds.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

try dvd decrypter

I have tried dvd decrypter by making an ISO image and then using dvd decrypter to burn the image back. When i placed it in the navigation system, it would error out. I did notice in dvd decrypter, it said that it took out a macrovision protection.

Do i need to place this protection back when i burn the image back?

I also used nero and made and image and burned it, didnt work either. It would error out in the navigation system.

Also, what are some programs which check for protections on the dvd?

Thanks everyone!

Do i need to place this protection back when i burn the image back?
Copy protections are always part of an application, if its not there, its like part of the program is missing, and therefore it wont run.
Nav Apps tend to have their own brand of protection. In this case it seems macrovision have written a protection or signature on the disc, that while it may be replicated, is no good as there may also be hardware copy protection in the actual GPS unit. So you might make a perfect DVD-R backup, yet the unit may have the ability to read booktype/MID/ATIP and asertain its not a stamped original and error.

Also, what are some programs which check for protections on the dvd?

You could try Aray Disc scanner.

I ran aray scanner and it says no protection detected. Does Aray scanner support dual layer scanning?

Another piece of info is that when i burned the image using nero or dvd decrypter, the navigation updated the software off of the burned disc. So the drive starts reading the disc, but it wont then read the maps on the dvd. It gives a disc error.

Hi all,
I used BMW Digital Road Map 2003-2 during 6 months. After 6 months DVD was out and I had to buy a new one: 250 EUROS!!!.. :frowning:
So I really want to do a working copy!!!
I burned 4 DVD to try to make a working copy, the copy is not recognized. I’ve done and had the same results as neilp231.
May be copying the DVD bit-to-bit with DOS command?..
What do you think?..
Does anyone can help?..
Thanks in advance
G78

Hey nelip231, did you ever figure out how to make a DVD copy? I’m trying to figure this out myself (I have a copy of the DVD that I bought on ebay) so I"m actually trying to make a copy of a copy! If you have any pointers, let me know. I have the Pioneer update dvd for 2007, fyi. Cheers, DaCaptain

[QUOTE=captaintony;1954229]Hey nelip231, did you ever figure out how to make a DVD copy? I’m trying to figure this out myself ([B]I have a copy of the DVD that I bought on ebay[/B]) so I"m actually trying to make a copy of a copy! If you have any pointers, let me know. I have the Pioneer update dvd for 2007, fyi. Cheers, DaCaptain[/QUOTE]

Without the regarding device such a DVD isnt even allowed to be sold (means sold extra).

You should ask Pioneer directly for a “copy” of that disc.

[B]@captaintony:[/B] we will not help you with illegally-distributed copies of software here. It’s in the rules you signed up to.

Thread closed (as has your other cross-posted question).