Backup HD-DVD to Blu-Ray guide, any feedback?

vbimport

First off, big thanks to TheKipper and MegaDETH, your two encouraging mods. High five them for me if you ever get the chance.

I recently wrote a guide on converting and burning your HD-DVDs to Blu-Ray. I know there are a couple resources out there already on the subject, but they were a little confusing at best. So I decided to write this one that’s geared more towards people who, like me, are relatively wet behind the ears when it comes to this whole video conversion thing.

If anyone is interested, I would really love some feedback from you seasoned vets. Are my steps correct? Are they explained clearly enough that other neophytes like me could pick it up and do it? Any and all suggestions are totally welcome.

Sorry to have to link it; it’s sort of a long article. Thanks in advance for any feedback you guys have for me!

Thanks chaodoom

Welcome to the forum.

I will be giving your guide a go shortly. Looks like a great tool and a great start for you on the forum.

I am sure that anyone with HD DVD movies will appreciate this tool to back them up to Blu-ray.

here is much better guide
http://www.glenharrison.com/bluray/

originally from
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=134227

you can cocvert hd to blue ray…but how about the other way from hd to blue ray? is there a guide for this?

Is anyone interested in HD to Blu-Ray (mpg-4) backup on a per disk basis (including backup media). What would you pay ?

One backup per disk is legal?

HDDVD to Blu-Ray is easy using RipBot264, it allows recompression of the video to fit 25GB discs and keeping the exact audio stream.

Now, if someone can write DVDShrink for Blu-Ray shrinking or HD-DVD > Blu-Ray while keeping menus then that would be heaven.

[QUOTE=qwakrz;2182472]HDDVD to Blu-Ray is easy using RipBot264, it allows recompression of the video to fit 25GB discs and keeping the exact audio stream.

Now, if someone can write DVDShrink for Blu-Ray shrinking or HD-DVD > Blu-Ray while keeping menus then that would be heaven.[/QUOTE]

I can move HD-DVD to MPG4 with a reduction from 30g per sec to about 20 gps. using standard DVD media. This plays well on a 100 inch projection and almost perfectly on my 46 inch Samsung. I have copied a test pattern which shows me the difference. I use a PS3 for this playback purpose.

The cost difference in media is substancial. Long movies may take more than one disk.

Great stuff.

What is the usual process time btw?