Backup Gameshark PS2 CD?

Get read errors and no success with Clone, Blindread and CDRwin using Plextor 24/10/40a… Any ideas…

Originally posted by hdafedex
Any ideas…
Only if you give us more information

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48969

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41618

Not exactly sure what else you are looking for but here goes:
using a plextor w2410a fw 1.04.

Read cd with clonyxxl 2.0.0.6 and it displays as psx/libcrypt.
Have never had problems copying this profile.

Startup clonecd 4.0.1.3 and use clonyxxl params - get multiple errors: Failed to read sector 25… Failed to read sector 28… etc.

Burn cd and get a coaster.

IS there a site somewhere that lists copy success stories for individual cds ( ie PS2 GTAIII, PC The Sims, etc…)? Have found successes on different forums but not a listing.

Thx in advance…

hda

Both Subs on the read and “Don’t Repair…” on the write.

If IBSS or FES is enabled then phantom errors will appear and slow or blow the read.

Or, you could just use the default Game CD profile :wink:

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]Both Subs on the read and “Don’t Repair…” on the write.

If IBSS or FES is enabled then phantom errors will appear and slow or blow the read.

Or, you could just use the default Game CD profile :wink: [/B]

Unless, of course the errors are real and not phantom, in which case hdafedex has a dud original.:wink:

using clony xxl settings these were checked:
read data subs
read audio subs
regenerate data sectors
dont repair sub channel data
always close last session

Fast error skip = OFF
sector skip = 0
read speed data and audio = MAX
audio extraction = Meduim

Things not checked:
Intelligent bad sectors scanner
only read the first session
amplify weak sectors

Also - when I used the clony bad sector scan, it shows the same bad sectors. I used another person’s orig cd like mine and got the same errors.

I also tried using the Game CD profile defaults and got this:
11:40:24 PM Read Speed for Data Tracks: Maximum
I 11:40:24 PM Read Speed for Audio Tracks: Maximum
I 11:40:24 PM Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks: Yes
I 11:40:24 PM Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks: Yes
I 11:40:24 PM Fast Error Skip: Yes
I 11:40:24 PM Don’t report read errors: Yes
I 11:40:24 PM Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner: Yes
I 11:40:24 PM CD contains CD-Text: No
I 11:40:26 PM Reading Track 1… (Blocks 0-323849)
I 11:40:36 PM Fast Error Skip has been enabled automatically!
I 11:40:36 PM Scanning bad sectors…
W 11:40:37 PM Writing Dummy Sectors 29 to 129
I 11:40:37 PM Scanning bad sectors…
W 11:40:38 PM Writing Dummy Sectors 130 to 230
I 11:40:39 PM Scanning bad sectors…
W 11:40:40 PM Writing Dummy Sectors 231 to 331
I 11:40:41 PM Scanning bad sectors…
W 11:40:42 PM Writing Dummy Sectors 332 to 432
I 11:40:42 PM Scanning bad sectors…
W 11:40:43 PM Writing Dummy Sectors 433 to 533

:confused:

Originally posted by hdafedex
[B]using clony xxl settings these were checked:
read audio subs
regenerate data sectors
always close last session

Things not checked:
Intelligent bad sectors scanner

I also tried using the Game CD profile defaults and got this:
I 11:40:24 PM Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks: Yes
I 11:40:24 PM Fast Error Skip: Yes
I 11:40:24 PM Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner: Yes
I 11:40:26 PM Reading Track 1… (Blocks 0-323849)
I 11:40:36 PM Fast Error Skip has been enabled automatically!
I 11:40:36 PM Scanning bad sectors…
W 11:40:37 PM Writing Dummy Sectors 29 to 129
I 11:40:37 PM Scanning bad sectors…
W 11:40:38 PM Writing Dummy Sectors 130 to 230
I 11:40:39 PM Scanning bad sectors…
W 11:40:40 PM Writing Dummy Sectors 231 to 331
I 11:40:41 PM Scanning bad sectors…
W 11:40:42 PM Writing Dummy Sectors 332 to 432
I 11:40:42 PM Scanning bad sectors…
W 11:40:43 PM Writing Dummy Sectors 433 to 533

:confused: [/B]
Clony is a WOFT. PSX games are either unprotected or protected using the one protection - LybCrypt. Firstly, there is no Red Book audio on a PS disc so audio subs are superfluous (I know I said both subs, normally it doesn’t matter :p). Secondly, regenerate is for older perhaps damaged discs. Thirdly, close session is not required for Disk At Once (DAO). (I’m an advocate of unchecking unnecessary settings)

The log shows that FES is on Auto and has kicked in. My Metal Gear Solid PS1 disc has errors (billions of 'em) or so I thought - it actually has none so FES has to be set to “off” for PS titles. The log also shows an Intelligent Bad Sector ‘type’ scan and write - this is wrong (Scanning bad sectors…Writing Dummy Sectors).

The default Game CD profile should work but it’s not. Update to the latest version of CCD. Create a new Custom Profile and call it PSX Read - data subs only. Create a new write profile called PSX Write and only check the “Don’t repair…” box. Try a read in other devices. If the disc is new, return it.

IS there a site somewhere that lists copy success stories for individual cds ( ie PS2 GTAIII, PC The Sims, etc…)? Have found successes on different forums but not a listing.
All the advice you need is here but not to deter you too much, I suggest something else is wrong. Have you stepped through the FAQ in this Forum? Got system instability? You can of course (and should) try another program like Nero, CD Mate, Blindwrite, Fantom CD, CDRWin DiscJuggler (I’ve got 'em all) but if you get coasters then it’s system instability.

Tried 2 other media types and 2 other readers and still getting Failed sector reads starting at sector 25 and continuing until 4481. It is creating an image file that 781 MB and the burn gives no errors when burning with dont repair subs and always close unchecked.

Created new profile with read data subs, FES OFF, read retries 0; error correction = software; read audio subs off.

Created write profile with dont repair. Its not the cd because it works and friends copy gives same errors.

This cd is the titled Metal Gear Solid 2 ( codes and game saves ) with gameshark. Kids use it to play the PS2 backup copies…

I’m now on a mission. I have a liteon 48x arriving next week…
:stuck_out_tongue:

thx again for your comments…

since i’m havin same problem & i tried many other progs for burnin like nero & winiso but no luck i gotta mention that i think maybe there is some sony trick for burnin this shit! i tried many other options without luck!

help us guys… :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

it’s been done. I suggest the Game CD default profile for read & write. If changing media doesn’t help then change burners…

This Gameshark cd, isn’t this one of those boot-up cds so you can play backed up games or games from another region (and you don’t need a mod-chip)? If this is the case you cannot copy that cd. Look at this thread in the technical forum if you want more information on why these cds cannot be copied.

no its not , its used to cheat in games & i already have mod-chip in my ps2 so i dont need to put any cd’s to boot up to play backup games, i’m using messiah2 & my other ps2 machine fixed with magic 3 chip , which is one of the lateset i tried all what mentioned but all seems to be !! no luck! always failed to read sector from 1 - 4501
then it starts reading ! i dunno whats the problem really but seems that hdafedex havin the same…

i’m using hp cd-writer plus 9100 series to write
& acer dvd rom to read i also sometime use my hp to read but just the same…

Ive noticed with PS2 discs that there is aprox 1.30% that is unreadable and would be considered an error to burning programs, perhaps you could Enable Ignore Read Errors in the burning program your using>

If you are still having problems with your PS2 game cloning attempts, I may have the answer to your problems…just one quick question, are you backing up the games on cd’s or dvd’s? :smiley:

LMAO he was having the problem in 2002 (3 years ago) i think he has solved it by now or gave up…
Even the latest post before your was in 2003

GameShark is a Cd that cracks the Game code to get everycheat possible

[QUOTE=macocane55;2159454]GameShark is a Cd that cracks the Game code to get everycheat possible[/QUOTE]

Your responding to a link that is over 3 yrs old. Please in the future look at the OP posted date and last date before responding to out dated threads. This will lesson the confusion for replies.