Backup DVD Skips DVD Fab Platinum

vbimport

Some of my back up dvds skip to the next chapter while viewing. I’m using the printable memerex media and burning with Nero 8.0 and now with Image Burn. I read somewhere that SAO, DAO, and Packet could have something to do with this, but haven’t been able to find a good answer as to which setting to use. I am also using a new LG cd dvd rewriter. Any help as to why the disks skip would be appreciated. Thanks

try with pathplayer disabled

[QUOTE=T.Gill;2026665]Some of my back up dvds skip to the next chapter while viewing. I’m using the printable memerex media and burning with Nero 8.0 and now with Image Burn. I read somewhere that SAO, DAO, and Packet could have something to do with this, but haven’t been able to find a good answer as to which setting to use. I am also using a new LG cd dvd rewriter. Any help as to why the disks skip would be appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Memorex is kinda bad and good media to use…I use it myself but I would say what speed did you burn at ? I don’t konw about the three feature your referring about but without a model number of your LG we can’t help you there. Also used dvdfab Plat and as long as you burn slow and don’t multitask at the same time letting dvdfab do its job you should get a decent burn. Can you be more descriptive as what you mean skip to next chapter while viewing?? I don’t think those three feature should be part of the drive burner itself but since you already have dvdfab plat why are you using Nero 8 and Image burn - dvdfab plat itself will do nicely by itself to backup you dvds??? What type of memorex media are you using the 4.7G or 8.4G ???

I’m using A LG 20x GSA-H55L Rewriter, I burn my movies at 8x using memerex printable 4.7 gb. When I’m watching the backup on my tv it will skip foward to another scene and I miss a couple minutes of the movie. Image burn uses DAO (Disk at Once) to write with. DVD Fab Platinum uses Packet or SAO found under settings/write not sure which one to use and nero not sure what it uses.Be glade to send any more info you may need thanks.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

[QUOTE=T.Gill;2027040]I’m using A LG 20x GSA-H55L Rewriter, I burn my movies at 8x using memerex printable 4.7 gb. When I’m watching the backup on my tv it will skip foward to another scene and I miss a couple minutes of the movie. Image burn uses DAO (Disk at Once) to write with. DVD Fab Platinum uses Packet or SAO found under settings/write not sure which one to use and nero not sure what it uses.Be glade to send any more info you may need thanks.:rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

what version of dvdfab platinum are you using. Upgrade to version 4.1.2.0 if you not already.Also change packet writing to sao

Moved to the DVD Fab forum.

Changing to SAO droping recording speed to 6x seems to have done the job. Passed quality check using Nero disk speed utility. Will watch later today. Thanks a million for everybodies help. I hope someday I can repay. Have a great day.:clap::bow::clap::bow: