Backup clone DVD

vbimport

:confused: Hi as a newcomer to clone DVD, My question is, can the program be backed up onto a disk in the case that my PC might crash or the programme does not run properly. After reading other threads by other users, and they are having trouble after upgrading to 2.6, if I needed to reinstall clone dvd 2.5 from the disk rather than using the system restore.

hm, what’s the problem?
burn the 2.5 install file to a cd, or move it to another partition of your hdd, and if 2.6 fails to run you could just un-install it (as any windows progam using the un-install option… :wink: ) and re-install 2.5… :wink:

System resore will not back up defective program files, what it does is backs up all windows system files, as well as the registry. The registry is the database containing practically all settings used by XP and installed applications.

If you want a exact backup of your syatem you will need a program that does imaging, such as Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image. I use Acronis, by far my most treasured software I own.

I’m almost to scared to touch this one, his question is not a CloneDVD problem but a PC user question! ! !

hanginthere_52 Wrote:

can the program be backed up onto a disk in the case that my PC might crash or the programme does not run properly

Yes, you can back the program onto a disk, CloneDVD is just another program. I hope you are asking, if the ‘Install Program’ can be backed up onto a Disk for future use! ! !

don’ forget to backup the reg key too

Thanks RAZOR1982 i have taken your thoughts onboard,thanks again for your reply.

Thanks H3rB3i i have taken your thoughts onboard,thanks again for your reply allso for telling me about the reg key.

I was just thinking to backup cloneDVD2 that i downloaded it works fine i was worried that the newer version was giving other users problems but thanks anyway for your other info.

How do I backup reg keys?

My clonedvd and anydvd work fine now but I have lost my key to each and the backup

The CloneDVD registration key is stored in
HKLM/Software/Elaborate Bytes/CloneDVD/Key

The AnyDVD registration key is stored in
HKLM/Software/SlySoft/AnyDVD/Key

Use Regedit to navigate there and backup them (Export in the menu)

Great, thanks for the info.

I just tried it and was able to save the reg file.

If I ever need to restore it how would I put it back? Just copy and paste?

Hi Rayleb,

Just double click on the Reg files you exported to restore them.

Hi Peebz! Thanks

Slowly but surely, I'll make my way through the forest.