Backup BluRay Movie

vbimport

What is the best program to back up movies on BluRay?
I’ve done a backup with the AnyDVD HD but the menu of the film with subtitles and the audio does not appear. How do that?
Thank you:bow:

[QUOTE=mail1000000;2183577]What is the best program to back up movies on BluRay?
I’ve done a backup with the AnyDVD HD but the menu of the film with subtitles and the audio does not appear. How do that?
Thank you:bow:[/QUOTE]

Ripping to the harddrive using AnyDVD-HD creates a ‘full’ back-up of the NluRay, so I’m guessing it’s how you’re playing back the rip. Are you opening your playback software and then opening the title or BDMV folder?

[QUOTE=MBK;2183638]Ripping to the harddrive using AnyDVD-HD creates a ‘full’ back-up of the NluRay, so I’m guessing it’s how you’re playing back the rip. Are you opening your playback software and then opening the title or BDMV folder?[/QUOTE]

I already did the full backup of the movie, but when I go to see the movie in PowerDVD or WinDVD the menu with titles, captions and audio does not appear, is just for the movie.
Someone can help me?
Thank you!

I’m having some doubts about ripping blu-ray.
The questions are these:

1 - Where do I back up a blu-ray, in this case a movie, when I go to play the backup he is without the menu of captions and audio … that is, going directly to the film and leaves no choice … How to enter the menu in the film?

2 - What is the best program to back up a blu-ray? I’m using AnyDVD HD.

3 - Can I back up a movie BD-ROM to a 50Gb BD-R 25Gb? (more or less like dvdshrink did with the dvds)

Thank you!

AnyDVD HD is the only program available at the moment for breaking encryption on Blu Ray movies, and there are some that even AnyDVD cannot handle yet. Go to the Slysoft forum to find a list of new movies with the latest version of BD+ that may cause problems.

If you want to play the movie from the hard drive, you might try ripping as an image file with AnyDVD HD. Then mount the image in Slysoft’s Virtual CloneDrive. See if that works better for you.

Reducing the size of the movie can be done with Ripbot264…there are several threads here in this forum that talk about this. There is also a new beta program out now called BD Rebuilder. Be aware it is still very much a work in progress, but you should be able to compress a movie to fit a target size with it. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716

[QUOTE=mail1000000;2183993]I’m having some doubts about ripping blu-ray.
The questions are these:

1 - Where do I back up a blu-ray, in this case a movie, when I go to play the backup he is without the menu of captions and audio … that is, going directly to the film and leaves no choice … How to enter the menu in the film?

2 - What is the best program to back up a blu-ray? I’m using AnyDVD HD.

3 - Can I back up a movie BD-ROM to a 50Gb BD-R 25Gb? (more or less like dvdshrink did with the dvds)

Thank you![/QUOTE]

In order to have the audio streams and subtitle streams options available to choose in your playback software, you need to be launchng from the BDMV folder and not the movie m2ts file.

AnyDVD-HD is the only program that is able to rip BluRays.

There is a Beta version of BD-Rebuilder that can be gotten at Doom9 forums… and it can take the full rip or movie only of the BluRay rip, and reencode it down to BD-25, BD-9 (which is a DVD-DualLayer disc 8.5 GBs but in B/ray structure), or BD-5 ( to sindle layer DVD 4.7 GBs but in BluRay structure as well)
It takes about 7+ hours to encode down to BD-9, not sure how long to /bd-25. Just to let you know, a movie only to BD-9 looks virtually like the original BluRay Disc, and I am not exagerating.
RipBot264 can also do this but seems far slower.

Edit: damn Kerry, you type fast… you posted again while I was typing…lmao

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2184000] There is also a new beta program out now called BD Rebuilder. [B]Be aware it is still very much a work in progress,[/B] but you should be able to compress a movie to fit a target size with it. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=143716[/QUOTE]

It is actually doing extremely well. Seems very stable and been pretty much succesful for most …usually the issues are users not configuring ffdshow properly (like me…lol… didn’t enable mpeg2 when I istalled ffdshow:p)

jdobbs was working on this for a while, so I am sure BD Rebuilder has been released in functioning order. But he is also quite open to suggestions on improvements and additions, so I suspect there are many more beta releases coming before he ever gets to a full 1.0 version. That was what I meant about it being “a work in progress”. :slight_smile:

Help me! I can not back up the blu-ray so that the menu with captions, subtitles, audio … the menu does not appear! …
I can configure sound and audio playback software in … I use WinDVD and I can not.
Look at this picture: http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/4531/blurayeb5.jpg

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Wait for a few more months or maybe longer because theres no software out there that been succesfuly on copying BD yet. i mean not 100% yet compare to DVD. basically still breaking encryption and all kind of security, protection, etc… whatever you call it for BD. and soon there be more selection of blank BD in the market.

[QUOTE=greygoose_vodka;2193484]Wait for a few more months or maybe longer because theres no software out there that been succesfuly on copying BD yet. i mean not 100% yet compare to DVD. basically still breaking encryption and all kind of security, protection, etc… whatever you call it for BD. and soon there be more selection of blank BD in the market.[/QUOTE]

LMAO… I’d suggest that you gather A Bit more info guy… :slight_smile: