Backup a copy of the Sims does not work

I would like to copy a CD. Which I can do and I can install the game from this disc. However when I try and play the game it tells me that the inncorrect disc is inserted. I’ve tried to use CloneCD instead of Nero however with that I can’t even see the CD that I’ve created.

Please, Please Help.

Thanks

Chris

A lot of games have different types of copy protections wich requires different programs and settings to backup. What game are you trying to backup?

I am trying to Backup a copy of the Sims. Thanks for your reply

have you tried the search ?
Hvae you been to the general burning software forum?
I’m sure you will find all the answers you need over there.
btw the searchfunction is top second orange block from the right, just under the banner

If person 1 shouts “Please Help” , what is the question of the person who is responding ?

“With WHAT !?”

It’s less time consuming to state the thing you actually want to be helped with IN the question.

Whats the sense of having a forum of this type when even the Moderator is so sarcastic, rude and arrogant. If the question troubles someone why don’t you just ignore the question and let it go at that? Use a little kindness, its not going to hurt you.

Most of us have been reading and contributing to forums for several years and having people which say “Please help” with no information doesn’t really help us help you. It just really wastes our time and yours when we read it and have no idea what hardware and software you are using to copy.

In addition, after we spend time helping newbies which jump onto the forum and demand help, they then never return and contribute their experience for anyone else.

No point here. It just kinda ticks us off.
:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Heartburned
Whats the sense of having a forum of this type when even the Moderator is so sarcastic, rude and arrogant. If the question troubles someone why don’t you just ignore the question and let it go at that? Use a little kindness, its not going to hurt you.

Perhaps so, but please do understand that we see this same question and, moreover, this kind of lazy behaviour, pass by on this forum a lot. This is not only very annoying, but it is in the user’s best interest to use our search, they will find an answer so much quicker.

Originally posted by Heartburned

Dear Mr/Miss/Mrs Heartburned ,

I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding of my posting. It was meant as an advice and not to insult the huge intelligence of you nor the original poster. I will personally see to it i will never ever do such a thing again , since annoyance is not a part of the personality of a moderator. His/her job is to moderate the forum and that’s what he/she is getting paid for.

You must understand however that I had been drinking , smoking and have lots of personality problems. I know that is no excuse , but i hope it will find some forgiveness in your heart to the presumable insult i have given you. It was all an accident. It was not supposed to mean any annoyance towards the frequent visitors of this forum. As all moderators understand , annoyances are for the forum visitors , but moderators must appear inhuman and have no emotions.

Furthermore i think it’s quite stupid of you to even respond to my gentle tip. I’ve seen them all , heard them all , read them all. Arrogant ? Perhaps , but with a motive. Now you show me some politeness by not ever ever making a post mistake , because i will not gently lead your way into the right direction with the aid of a little sarcasm , but instantly just delete your post as it is stated in the forum rules ? You want 1984 ? You got it. I’ll be watching you constantly.

Now … as your blood and temper may have rised a little you see how easy it is for people to misunderstand things that are just written in a public forum. Emotions are part of humanity and i’ll be damned before i give them up. If you believe all the crap i have written above then that’s just plain funny :slight_smile:

Oh , by the way , if you don’t like this story , then just ignore it and don’t reply on it as i quote you :

If the question troubles someone why don’t you just ignore the question and let it go at that?

If you feel insulted now , don’t be sad. You stated your motives in a publicly forum , and so did i with my answer. There’s no personal motive. Feel free to reply as if i were an average forum visitor , but do uphold the forum rules please.

Now … i’m very very interested if you live up to the principle you want me to have …

whats a little hypocrisy anymore, anyways :wink:

Sorry to cause such a fuss.

Wasn’t sure what info people would need.

I’m Running a Windows 2000 system
Using both Nero and CloneCD
It’s a fujitsu Scenic tower model
With a 10-gig hard driver (70 % free)
320 MB RAM

Need any more the please ask I understand that info is needed and do appriciate anyone’s help in this matter.

Thanks to all the feel so strongly about these matters. I shall be using the search method to see if that can help me in the mean time please feel free to place the answer here if you know how to help.

You forgot to mention the most important bit,

What Burner do you have?

Cheers.

Its a AOPEN CDRW1232.

Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks…

The Sims is protected with Safedisc 1.40.004
I made a backup of the Sims with an old Sony CRX140e which I believe has similar burning capabilities as your burner. I did it using the default Game CD profile. You could also try using the AWS function in Clone CD.
Hope that is of some help.

Thank you for your help. I’m not daft I promise but what is the AWS option ?

Amplify Weak Sectors, I think the default Game CD profile uses AWS anyway.

AWS shouldnt be an issue, its for 2.x games :wink: - all you need for a safedisc 1 game is a RAW capable reader/burner

I think it’s also useful to be more specific about the full name of the game. I guess that you are mentioning the new expansion kit of the Sims: The Sims Unleashed. This has a Safedisc 2 protection.
It is easy to make a backup with CloneCD when you use the profiles as mentioned
here

I think we should have a new thread for Mr. Belevedere’s heavily opinionated and heavy-handed comments about people. That would rock and I would laugh very hard…even if the comments were directed at me (As I am known to say/do stupid things). Why do people even get onto the internet if they have no backbone? Geezzz…