Backing up xbox 360 games

vbimport

im trying to back up my xbox 360 games. wat is the easiest way to do it? or the correct program to get to do it.:sad:

if you have original game discs…

Kreon drive is the best/easiest way. although it is possible to use the XBox360 DVD-ROM itself (assuming you do not have a Hitachi drive in your XBox360 console) and connect it to the PC and use that, temporarily, to read the game data to the PC using XBC (XBox Backup Creator) then use your regular PC DVD burner and proceed to burn as usual (i.e. ImgBurn in ‘Mode > Write’ and then load the .dvd file and burn :wink: ) with stuff like ImgBurn etc.

[QUOTE=NBR;2453370]if you have original game discs…

Kreon drive is the best/easiest way. although it is possible to use the XBox360 DVD-ROM itself (assuming you do not have a Hitachi drive in your XBox360 console) and connect it to the PC and use that, temporarily, to read the game data to the PC using XBC (XBox Backup Creator) then use your regular PC DVD burner and proceed to burn as usual (i.e. ImgBurn in ‘Mode > Write’ and then load the .dvd file and burn :wink: ) with stuff like ImgBurn etc.[/QUOTE]

so where can i get this drive at?

so none of those programs that claim to back up games truely work then

ebay you might be able to find one or using google (search for something like ‘Kreon Drive’)

http://tinyurl.com/yzaeu69 … something like that is what you want. it’s the IDE version of the Kreon drive. they have SATA to. either one is fine but i linked to the IDE since pretty much everyone has IDE ports where as SATA is only available on new-ish PC’s.

as far as the programs claiming to backup games… it aint going to happen since you cant just get a program and magically make it see the game data on the disc because if there was a way there would be no need for Kreon drives etc. normal PC dvd-rom drives cannot read the game data section of the discs. those Kreon drives has special firmware on them that allows them to read the original game discs.

p.s. your PC’s dvd burner CAN copy a copy though. but for original discs you need to use either the 360 itself or a Kreon drive pretty much for reliable results.