Backing up War DVD

I used DVD fab to rip the DVD in full disc mode, no problem there, but after shrinking the file, it was still too big for the DVD. I know I can do Main movie only, and it should work, I did shrink the ISO file a few times and finally got it under 4.7 but I now have no audio in previews, or special features. Also the quality of the previews, and special features have degraded, however the movie is backed up fine. Any ideas on getting the copy to look like the original(full disc)

Thanks

let me guess. the movie stores decided to release this movie early because of the holidays? i was just at wal-mart last night and they had a big thing in the movie section saying that “War” and “Resident Evil 3” were being released on January 2nd. Which i believe is tomorrow. However after the whole “Kingdom/Rush Hour 3” fiasco im wondering if we should all just stop bothering with release dates and just go to the video stores everyday.

as for your question, try splitting the dvd or putting it onto a d/l

[QUOTE=Elwash;1967038]I used DVD fab to rip the DVD in full disc mode, no problem there, but after shrinking the file, it was still too big for the DVD. I know I can do Main movie only, and it should work, I did shrink the ISO file a few times and finally got it under 4.7 but I now have no audio in previews, or special features. Also the quality of the previews, and special features have degraded, however the movie is backed up fine. Any ideas on getting the copy to look like the original(full disc)

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Use a Dual Layer Verbatim disk for your blank.

:doh:

Ok, I thought of that but never used the DL’s b4. I may have to go pick up some tomorrow.

Thanks

[quote=Elwash;1967038]I used DVD fab to rip the DVD in full disc mode, no problem there, but after shrinking the file, it was still too big for the DVD. I know I can do Main movie only, and it should work, I did shrink the ISO file a few times and finally got it under 4.7 but I now have no audio in previews, or special features. Also the quality of the previews, and special features have degraded, however the movie is backed up fine. Any ideas on getting the copy to look like the original(full disc)

Thanks[/quote]

HI,i just seen one tools last night on pavtube.com,and that tools may help you copy DVD without any loss:)Good luck:)

[QUOTE=Elwash;1967038]I used DVD fab to rip the DVD in full disc mode, no problem there, but after shrinking the file, it was still too big for the DVD. I know I can do Main movie only, and it should work, I did shrink the ISO file a few times and finally got it under 4.7 but I now have no audio in previews, or special features. Also the quality of the previews, and special features have degraded, however the movie is backed up fine. Any ideas on getting the copy to look like the original(full disc)

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I use DVDfab to rip to hard drive at full quality (select DVD9 output target), then crunch it with DVD Rebuilder. While not as convenient as letting Fab do the crunching, it gives better quality output, especially with chock-full DL originals.

The advice from others regarding using DL media is valid as well. Really, the only downside to using DL media is the higher cost (and possible difficulty finding good quality media). If that’s not an issue, then DL sounds like a good way to go.

I’ve ripped the Full Disc of [B]Cruising,Blade: House of Chthon[/B] and [B]War[/B] to DVD5 and got Excellant Quality. Go figure. :bigsmile:

I just picked up some DL’s. Worked like a charm, the only problem is my home DVD is about 5 years old, and apparently doesnt read DL. Took the DL to my newer DVD player, and it worked excellent.

Thanks,

[QUOTE=sneakers;1967659]I’ve ripped the Full Disc of [B]Cruising,Blade: House of Chthon[/B] and [B]War[/B] to DVD5 and got Excellant Quality. Go figure. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I just ripped it using the DVD5 mode, and that worked out great, cant tell a difference, like you said Go figure.

Thanks,

another happy customer. :clap:

thank you Fengtao Software Inc.

troy