Backing up too many times no hhd space

vbimport

hi I have just started using Nero back it up 10 I have a wd green 2tb hhd that I have free when I checked my settings it is backing up every 2 hours is it ok to back up once a week? it is now saying the drive is not suitable because there is not enough space! hence every 2 hours!

thank you :o

I normally do a Full backup once a week and only a Partial every night

[QUOTE=bean55;2713435]I normally do a Full backup once a week and only a Partial every night[/QUOTE]

Do you use the “Incremental Setting” with Acronis?

Most decent backup software offers the option to over-write the previous data.

Alan

No I use Cobian Backup for Incremental file backups and Clonezilla for Full Disk back ups

[QUOTE=md74;2713420]hi I have just started using Nero back it up 10 I have a wd green 2tb hhd that I have free when I checked my settings it is backing up every 2 hours is it ok to back up once a week? it is now saying the drive is not suitable because there is not enough space! hence every 2 hours!

thank you :o[/QUOTE]

First off what are you trying to backup? If your wanting data/files/photo to back there isn’t really any need to do what your doing since you have a second HDD just make folders in the WD drive and move your files there and work with them from there. And should your main HDD go out well your data/files/photo are safe on the WD HDD. That is how I do my productivity work main programs run from the Main HDD and files are stored/saved to the Secondary HDD to protect from crashes on main HDD of which all I have to do is get another drive and format reinstall from image and my computer is back working. That is how I do it-the only time I make backup of the Main is for image purpose incase there is a crash and I can quickly recover the image to new HDD and get right back going. I use Acronis backup running from CD to do all this backup image and restore image of my Main HDD.

I do a partial backup one a week and a full backup (Clonezilla partition clone) of the OS drive once a month OR just before installing any new software.

My day to do a full clone of the OS drive is the Monday BEFORE “Patch Tuesday” (The second Tuesday of each month before Microsoft spits forth their monthly security updates)

of course my full process is a bit more complicated than that because ALL my “libraries” have been moved off my system drive (An SSD) and
my pictures, audio and video are all written to mirrored drives.

hi I use Nero 10 back it up I have re set the settings to every 60 days I had it set to back up every 2 hours which was silly but I have learned something new!
thanks
mark