Backing up The thing ....Liteon Problem 48x (Bad Sectors)

Well

i read it with my Liteon dvd 163D and burned it with my 48125W
on the fly at 32x

ok it copyed ok now i installed it with my dvdrom and it ran perfect

ok now i uninstalled it and reinstalled it from my liteon 48x burner 2 sheep …

and it didnt work ? but it did work with hide media selected in clonecd !!!

now if my burner is a 2 sheep and i dont need aws then why didnt it work the normal way just like my dvdrom did ?

or is that normal :confused:

If I remember rightly The Thing is protcted with Securom. Not fully sure about this but I think that it can check to see if it is a back up or a origal by checking the ATIP info on a disc in a burner. That is the reason it will work with Hide CDR on.

Originally posted by GhostBear
If I remember rightly The Thing is protcted with Securom. Not fully sure about this but I think that it can check to see if it is a back up or a origal by checking the ATIP info on a disc in a burner. That is the reason it will work with Hide CDR on.

Yes but my question was why ?

why do i need to enable Hide media in clonecd ?

i thought my liteon was a 2 sheep burner where if i copyed protected games i wouldnt need hide cd media enabled ?

my liteon dvd163D duz not need this enabled ?
but my liteon 48125W duz need it enabled ?

im :confused:

You need hide cd media to play the backup from your writer because part of the copy protection is an atip check. All writers can detect the atip of a cdr/w and, if detected as a cdr/w rather than a pressed silver the game won’t run. Hence the need to hide the atip if playing a backup from a writer.

On the other hand, your dvd, like most ordinary cd/dvd roms, can’t detect the atip so there isn’t any need for hide cd media when playing the backup from your dvd.

You should-

[list=a]
[li]Be thankful that you have a fully working backup.
[/li][li]Use the search button as this question has been answered many times before.
[/li][li]Read the Clonecd Faq .
[/li][/list=a]

d. Check out our frontpage more ofter :wink: Knowhow: What is ATIP and how does it work as copy protection ?

Thats weird, because I used the Liteon Securom profile to back up the game, it works, but I haven’t had any problem with an ATIP Check. So perhaps it doesn’t exist on this game, or maybe I just got lucky.

I have also been lucky I made a backup up of my copy of the Thing:

I used the latest clone cd with scout using there built in profile for secuRom new:

I have a liteon 40x12x48:

I have checked for read errors using the latest cdcheck 3.0.1.43 and all is ok:

The game installs and plays ok