Backing Up Sims Unleashed

I’ve tried and tried to burn a backup of the Sims Unleashed. I’m using the Safedisc 2 w/ AWS profile (because I have a 0 sheep burner). The copy will work in my burner, but it will not work in my cd rom. It crashes after the first loading screen, the one where you can still see the desktop in the background. One thing I think that I might be doing wrong is I’m not sure what settings to use with my burner, the settings that you change by right-clicking on the icon of your burner after you click “write from image”. I have it set on RAW DAO, is that what I need it on to copy a safedisc 2? I don’t need a 1:1 copy. As long as it works, I’m fine. Any help would be great!

it would help more if you listed brand names of what you have… cd-rom, burner, and what speed did you burned at?

My burner is a Lite-on LTR-12101B. The cd rom I’m trying to run the game off of is a Compaq CRD-8322B. I burned the disc at maximum, which for my burner is 12x.

I assume you run it in the burner with Hide CDR Media enabled. Have you tried to make a backup with emulation enabled. I too have experienced some cd-roms not picking up a game and behaving similarly to what you describe that were off my old zero sheep burner. Emulation was my only answer then, until I got a laptop and needed a game to work anywhere and anytime, then I simply got a new Lite-on.

How do you enable emulation?

Originally posted by whazzzup87
How do you enable emulation?

A zero sheep burner, can’t make a 1:1 copy of eny of the sims games. but maby it will work with emulation.
in the burning section, right click on the profile you want to use, and set the weak sectors to emulate.
Good luck. :smiley:

In my CCD the weak sectors is grayed out. It’s set to ignore and I can’t change it. How do I fix this?

Originally posted by whazzzup87
In my CCD the weak sectors is grayed out. It’s set to ignore and I can’t change it. How do I fix this?

Read the faq under the heading Amplify Weak Sectors.

:bow: thanks everybody for the help!! :bow: