Backing up PS2 games

vbimport

Hi all,
Im having problems backing up ps2 games that require a dual layer disc. Im cloning and burning using dvd fab platinum but when i put the discs into the ps2 and it tries to load the game it seems to get stuck in the middle of loading. Can anybody give me a few ideas on how to solve this problem please. :sad:

Sorry you haven’t gotten a reply yet. This will bump the post back up to the top of the list where hopefully someone with a PS2 will see it (I don’t have one:( ). From reading other posts on this subject I think you have to have either a chip or a tool device of some kind to make the game backup discs playable.

I think you have to have either a chip or a tool device of some kind to make the game backup discs playable.
You will need a modded system & either/or swap/coder discs.

I have not used DVDfab, so I don’t know about that, but DVD Decrypter will do just fine, ISO read. Follow the link -
PS2 Backups

Also, older ps2 games are CD, most newer titles are DVD’s, so you need to use different programs for both.

It is not that hard to do, & remember to use good grade media such as Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden!

Hope this helps!

katz :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice, PS2 has a mod chip in it. Theres no problem with single layer games that have been backed up. It’s just when i burn onto dual layer discs

PS2 has problem to read the second layer of dual layer media.

Please try this software hack to see the result:

http://forums.psxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27443

Thanks a lot fengtao your a star. :bow:

I have the new DVDFab Platinum 3.0.9.6 and I did buy the Reg Key.
When I try to backup a PS2 DVD I get

“NO media inserted”
“Please insert a compatible media to start the write process”

I have tried plus and minus DVD’s from different manufactors with the same error. any ideas

How can I tell if my PS2 has a modchip?

Simple make a backup copy of a game put it in your Playstation and if it plays then it has a modchip :smiley: