Backing up problem with DVDFab 5.6

vbimport

I have a problem when it comes to backing up my movies, if any one can help please!

When I back up my movies I use DVDFab Platinum edition 5.5.0, The way that I do it is I do main movie and put it into the temp file and from there I insert the blank dvd and burn it.
It has always worked like a charm no problems, but today when I am using the new version 5.6 I follow the same steps. When I go to burn the movie from the temp file tp the blank dvd it does not do it, I get an error message…
Can any one help me!

Thanking you in advance

What is the error message?

After DVDFab has gone through the process of decoding and storing the movie to the temp file. I insert the blank disk, where it says source I click on the movie stored in the temp file, I hit start(to initiate the copy process). Once I do that I get the following message "The folder already exists. C:\documents and settings\fernandocanto\my documents\dvdfab emp\mainmovie\dvd video\ Do you want to overwrite it? Yes/No

you need to change your target to your dvd drive. please read the guide.
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/

[QUOTE=f18hornett;2094682]After DVDFab has gone through the process of decoding and storing the movie to the temp file. I insert the blank disk, where it says source I click on the movie stored in the temp file, I hit start(to initiate the copy process). Once I do that I get the following message "The folder already exists. C:\documents and settings\fernandocanto\my documents\dvdfab emp\mainmovie\dvd video\ Do you want to overwrite it? Yes/No[/QUOTE]

If I’m understanding you, when you said, “…I hit start(to initiate the copy process)…”, it sounds as though you are attempting to do the entire process again, ie., you’re choosing main movie mode to burn.

This is the problem. Fab needs to rip to the temporary directory before burning and there is already a file there with the same name, so it wants to replace the file your ripping from.

To avoid this,
please choose [B]Write Data[/B] on the left column on Fab’s main page.
This will burn directly to your blank media…no ripping involved.
There are other methods to get around this, but this is the simplest way and you’ll cut your time way down.

Hope this helps, let us know…

Thank you that really solved my issue :smiley:

Or else you can also have the Source and the Target the same ( your burner)as Troy said, and when it’s done copying it will tell you to install media in the burner, you then remove the movie and install the blank disc and hit ok and it will start burning, Note: select your target (burner) from the drop down box not the folder