Backing up nec3500 firmware first

vbimport

is it possible for me to backup my firmware or eprom first? just like with the liteon utility to backup the eprom first…

You can backup your existing nec f/w easily with either binflash windows gui or NEC 3x00A Flasher through dos. Please correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think there is an eeprom backup utility as yet for the NEC drives. :slight_smile:

There’s no need for such a utility as there is no seperate EEPROM - at least none that I am aware of. The Flash ROM roughly consists of three parts:

1. A safe mode firmware. Used for flashing and after misflashing your drive
  2. Calibration data / Settings. Used for drive adjustments, serial number, RPC settings, booktype settings
  3. The real firmware. That’s what you usually change.

Thanks for the clarification Liggy. :slight_smile:

i see…so does that means there is no need to backup any existing stock configurations on my nec nd-3500a? i planned to flash into a better firmware coz i can’t burn more than 2.4x on my POMSI002 dvd+r and i think i get crappy burns due to this… using stock firmware 2fc

it wouldnt hurt to backup your original firmware i did with mine although ill probebly never use it. as i`am a firmware junkie and use all the latest betas :bigsmile: