Backing-up N64, GC, GBA & DS?

vbimport

LOL, no this isn’t about ‘back-ups’; I genuinely mean real BACK-UPS. As in: from my own copies and keeping the originals.

OK, so some of my N64 games are like, 12 years old. And won’t be coming to the VC either.

I remember an extortionately priced ‘Z64’ device that could save N64 games to special floppies but to those in the know, is there anything out there that does the job of making back ups for my beloved old carts?

Whilst I’m at it, I’ve been thinking I may as well do my other formats too. GBA: can more than 1 game be put onto a flash cart? Can GBC games be perceived as GBA games on a flash cart so I’d be able to play them on my DS?

What about DS games - more than 1 on a flash card? Or should I wait until they’re a bit older for bigger cards?

I’m looking at getting a US Wii and chip-modding it to play UK games anyway, which would make it back-up compatible - would backed-up GC games on a full sized DVD work on a Wii or will I need dinky discs?

Thanks for any help. :slight_smile:

Best in the Console forum I think. Moving it.

Hope you agree.

Yeah, sorry - didn’t even spot it. Ideas, anyone?

Of course.

OK, so some of my N64 games are like, 12 years old. And won’t be coming to the VC either.
That’s bad.

I remember an extortionately priced ‘Z64’ device that could save N64 games to special floppies but to those in the know, is there anything out there that does the job of making back ups for my beloved old carts?
Wasn’t there this transfer device that could make rom files out of your memory cards? I dunno, old technology. Search some obscure websites.

Whilst I’m at it, I’ve been thinking I may as well do my other formats too. GBA: can more than 1 game be put onto a flash cart? Can GBC games be perceived as GBA games on a flash cart so I’d be able to play them on my DS?
There are devices that can copy the data from one cartdridge to a SD card.

What about DS games - more than 1 on a flash card? Or should I wait until they’re a bit older for bigger cards?
Dunno how much memory the copy devices can address but 1GB sd cards are quite cheap these days.

I’m looking at getting a US Wii and chip-modding it to play UK games anyway, which would make it back-up compatible - would backed-up GC games on a full sized DVD work on a Wii or will I need dinky discs?
I did not know the Wii was region locked as well. I guess full size dvd’s could work in a Wii, since it can read the format. (Japanese Wii’s can playback dvd video as well) If it will read the format without hacking the device is very questionable.