Backing up my Disneys

Hi - I want to make backups of all my disney/pixar/kids movies, and have purchased a cheap burner. Sony dxr-840u.

I also have a mac book pro, running bootcamp so i have windows xp.
I’m attempting to use dvdfab platinum, and taiyo yuden’s new glossy water resistant 16x media, and i can’t get through any of the disks.
Well, i got through a few, but i can’t get beauty and the beast, lion king, etc. I keep getting an error message during the read part.

It doesn’t finish reading in either my macbook drive (which is a 2 yr old lg) - or the sony drive, is it the software, or should i buy a better quality external drive, and what do you recommend?
I’ve seen mention on here of dvd x copy - is that my solution??

Frustrated…

purchased a cheap burner. Sony dxr-840u

Well it certainly isn’t cheap.

How about normal burning? Does your set up function correctly? Can you burn data discs etc? Have you tried to rip/burn any non encrypted DVDs?

What error message are you getting? If it is an I/O error, you may have dirty or scratched original disks interfering with the read process.

DVDFab and AnyDVD are the two best decryption programs available in my opinion, so I doubt it is a problem in the program.

[quote=sdunbar;2225798]Hi - I want to make backups of all my disney/pixar/kids movies, and have purchased a cheap burner. Sony dxr-840u.

I also have a mac book pro, running bootcamp so i have windows xp.
I’m attempting to use dvdfab platinum, and taiyo yuden’s new glossy water resistant 16x media, and i can’t get through any of the disks.
Well, i got through a few, but i can’t get beauty and the beast, lion king, etc. I keep getting an error message during the read part.

It doesn’t finish reading in either my macbook drive (which is a 2 yr old lg) - or the sony drive, is it the software, or should i buy a better quality external drive, and what do you recommend?
I’ve seen mention on here of dvd x copy - is that my solution??

Frustrated…[/quote]
Go into common settings and on the left side click on PathPlayer and set it as " Always enabled" then click ok and restart DVDFab and try again

Thanks for the replys. It is an i/o error, I’ll post the results when i get home from work and try again.
I’ve been very successful in the past with backing up my movies, however have always found the disneys to be difficult.

Is the quality of a burner a big issue? does my $100 sony external need an upgrade?

I have tried turning on the pathplayer to be always enabled, and that didn’t help.
Sometimes, the disk doesn’t even start to read in the sony burner (it seems to register what disk it is, and start to read it, and then spits it back out.