Backing up Farcry cd

vbimport

Is this possible? I have tried to copy with bw 5.16 and 4.57 with and without autoplay and at slower speed as well as alcohol 120 and and nothing works. I have used both my toshiba 32x dvd reader as well as litey 52 x ror reads and writes and and still nothing. Is this the end of backing up games as we know it?

Unfortunately I can’t making a working backup of SD3.2 games either (tried Far Cry and Splinter Cell PT).

I can make an image that will play with Alc’s virtual drive, but cannot burn that image to a CD that will then play.

Doesn’t seem to matter what software i use (tried B/W 4.25 and 5.1.5, and Alcohol version 148), or what settings or read or write speed, none will play.

I dont know whether its the new burner im using (a Liteon 52327S), my old 40125S used to do all SD up to and including 2.9 and all Securom, but the damn thing died recently and i had to upgrade.

Anyone else using a similar burner have any success with SD3.20?

If it is in fact SafedDisc 3.20 then you need to look around Pain Killer has the same protection and they say it is not compatible with older drives, but they are finding out that it is newer drives, they are blaming it on hardware and protection conflict. I believe them I have a lite-on 526S cd-rom and neither far cry nor painkiller will work in either one, I have a lite-0n 163D dvd that both will work in.
here I hope this foes to the incompatible drive link right here
See what you think.

Yes, it definately is SD 3.20 (3.20.022 to be precise) and no, the original disc runs fine in both my Liteon burner and my Toshi DVD.

It’s not the same problem others are having with Painkiller, where they can’t get the original to run (hope that bites you on the bum Macrovision!).

And it doesn’t appear to be a reading issue (i think), because the image will emulate fine. Also the backup will install fine as well, just wont play.

Anyone else having this problem with SD 3.20?

Yes, it definately is SD 3.20 (3.20.022 to be precise) and no, the original disc runs fine in both my Liteon burner and my Toshi DVD.

It’s not the same problem others are having with Painkiller, where they can’t get the original to run (hope that bites you on the bum Macrovision!).

And it doesn’t appear to be a reading issue (i think), because the image will emulate fine. Also the backup will install fine as well, just wont play."

yes this is my situation as well…