Backing up Despicable Me dvd

vbimport

I just bought Despicable Me for my grandson. I usually make a backup & put the original away as kids sometimes have a problem with treating them properly. I am using 8.0.5.6, latest Version of DVD FAb which I have a subscription for. It hung up at the FBI Warning. I am doing another backup eliminating this item and all previews but it isn’t finished yet.

Have there been problems with backing this movie up?

StormJumper & others have been a big help in the past, I would appreciate a reply. Should I have posted this thread somewhere else?

Since you are using DVDFab, I’ll move this thread to our DVDFab subforum PWANJO.

Hi PWANJO

Are you talking Blu-Ray or standard DVD ? also the latest version is v8060.

Question…Your statement-> “It hung up at the FBI Warning”…
are you talking about the playback of your backup copy ?

Standard DVD & hung up with my backup at the FBI Warning BUT I was using the previous early December Version of DVD FAB. When I checked off , “Jump to the first Menu” & " Remove FBI Warning" it worked fine with the early December Version. I have since installed the December 16th Version of DVD Fab 8060 and installed the program completely & it worked fine.

Many thanks for your promptness, as usual. You are someone a guy like me can count on for any problems that may occur. U certainly seem to go out of your way to help those with problems on MYCE. This site is lucky to have you and other helpful members that seem to be there when a person has a problem.

I hadn’t received a notice of the New Version of DVDFab & I hadn’t checked the site in the last few days.

The dvd std version backed up fine. I had problems backing up my blu-ray version so I brought the std one for the grandkids. The Blu-ray version just starts decoding a clone version for the hard drive to compress it to 25 GB and stalls for hours. The computer is very fast but yet is is only using 1% of the CPU load. I was able to copy the main movie only very quickly but not the entire BR disk.

Update. I just checked the Movie only copy and it has english language director’s voiceover the movie. BR seems locked up very tight.

[QUOTE=PWANJO;2563857]Standard DVD & hung up with my backup at the FBI Warning BUT I was using the previous early December Version of DVD FAB. When I checked off , “Jump to the first Menu” & " Remove FBI Warning" it worked fine with the early December Version. I have since installed the December 16th Version of DVD Fab 8060 and installed the program completely & it worked fine.

Many thanks for your promptness, as usual. You are someone a guy like me can count on for any problems that may occur. U certainly seem to go out of your way to help those with problems on MYCE. This site is lucky to have you and other helpful members that seem to be there when a person has a problem.

I hadn’t received a notice of the New Version of DVDFab & I hadn’t checked the site in the last few days.[/QUOTE]

Well thank you for the very kind words :o just glad you got it worked out :clap::clap:

Happy Holidays to you and the loved ones :flower:

StormJumper, my friend, the very best to you & yours this Holiday Season and my hope for a Safe &Pprosperous New Year to you as well.