Backing up CDs

vbimport

I’ve used this forum extensively to learn how to back up my DVD collection (thanks to all who contribute here). I use DVDFab HD Decryptor to rip the files to my hard drive, DVD Shrink when necessary, then burn with ImgBurn. From the beginning, I’ve used the media recommended here (mostly Verbatim, but sometimes Taiyo Yuden) and I’m pleased to say out of hundreds of burns, I’ve encountered no major problems (one DVD ‘froze’ in my brand new DVD player, but played flawlessly in 3 different computers and one older player - go figure).

My equipment is an inexpensive Toshiba laptop (A215-S7428) with a Pioneer DVD burner.

I’m now looking to start backing up my music CDs and my question is, can I use this same successful system - rip with DVDFab and burn with ImgBurn, or do the more experienced here use different software for CDs?

Also, I’m assuming I’ll have success with Verbatim CD media since it hasn’t failed me with the DVDs.

Thanks and any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

I use EAC to rip my CD’s and Burrrn or BurnAware to burn them…
You can’t go wrong with EAC…others will post their preferences soon enough…
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

And here is one of the best audio sites there is…
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php

Hi,[quote=LadyC;2139361]
I’m now looking to start backing up my music CDs and my question is, can I use this same successful system - rip with DVDFab and burn with ImgBurn, or do the more experienced here use different software for CDs?[/quote]For straight copies of unprotected audio CDs, ImgBurn does the job (read to image, then write image to disc).
In case you want to have the audio tracks separately, you should have a look at EACand CDex. Any CD burning software (Roxio, Nero, whatever) should enable you to create your own “my favourites” audio CD.

Also, I’m assuming I’ll have success with Verbatim CD media since it hasn’t failed me with the DVDs.
I’d prefer CDs by Taiyo Yuden.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2139414]Hi,For straight copies of unprotected audio CDs, ImgBurn does the job (read to image, then write image to disc).
I’d prefer CDs by Taiyo Yuden.

Michael[/QUOTE]

:slight_smile:

Many thanks to t0nee1 and mciahel for your suggestions. I spent last night perusing the hydrogenaudio site and reading up on EAC (which seems rather complicated at first glance). For some reason I thought backing up my CDs would be much simpler than my DVDs, haha silly me.

I’m hoping most of my collection will fall into the “unprotected audio CDs” and I can just use the tried and true ImgBurn to do the job. It’s always good to have a backup plan, though, so a million thanks for pointing me to hydrogenaudio and EAC. :slight_smile: