Backing up C&C Generals Zero Hour CD1

[qanda]This thread is about the Pioneer DVR-112 / DVR-A12. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hey guys I’m new here.

I have lost my original disk so thought I would download the game online and use my serial but that doesn’t work as the cracks interefere with playing online regardless of me using my legit key. I next tried to a version which had CD1 and CD2 in the torrent, but when I try to play the game it says I need to insert the correct CD even though it is in :frowning: (Emulated through Alcohol 120% aswell as burning a CD with it)

One of my friends has the game and I was wondering if it’s possible to make a perfect back up of his? I have done a few searches on this site and found out that it has SafeDisc 2.90.040, is this what’s giving me the insert correct CD error? And can my CD Burner make a copy of it? Alcohol says I have PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112(1:0).

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also, how would I go about making this backup providing I can actually make a copy of it?

Have I done something wrong? My post seems to be the only old one without a reply :open_mouth:

We can’t help you with warez and other illegal stuff.

Best advice i can give you is to try the original cd in alcohol and write it to a cd-rw (saves lots of coasters). See if it’ll work.

My question isn’t about warez, I’m just saying that’s what I’ve tried previously to replace my own CD that I have actually bought. I have in front of my the real copy, and want to back it up. (If you want proof of me owning the original game, I will take a picture of my case + manuals with the other CD if you wish.)

One again, I’m no longer even considering warez.

I guess my question is how do I make a back up with of a game with SafeDisc 2.90.040 on it, and can my burner actually do it?

The reason Belvedere said we can’t help with warez and other illegal stuff is because you said "I have lost my original disk so thought I would download the game online " which is saying to us you no longer own the original game. Then you said “One of my friends has the game and I was wondering if it’s possible to make a perfect back up of his” which would be the same thing as downloading and you not owning the original due to you lost it.

With Alcohol, which ‘block’ should the read errors be stopping? I’m still getting them at block 2000, which is 0.6% in and it’s taken 16 minutes to get there.

EDIT:
Also, this is with normal generals (not Zero Hour) which I still have the original disks for, I want to make sure if I lose these I have a back-up just in case.

Have you thought to run your game disk through a Scratch Remover? Some Game stores have a Commercial Scratch Remover, they will charge a few dollars or pounds (depending your location in the world). or you can go and buy a CD/DVD Scratch Remover for about $20.00 amercan. They do work!

I lost the disk, I didn’t damage it =P

I’ve got a copy now so it’s OK, I just read through the forums at other peoples’ questions.