Backing up Bluray to Dual layer

I currently purchase back ups of blurays and they are burnt onto dual ray dvds.I want to be able to back my originals up on the same format.
What equpment and software / method do i need to use.

I’m pretty sure it isn’t legal to sell “back-ups” of Blu Ray movies if they are commercially made, and copyright protected. Discussion of this type of thing is not appropriate for these forums.

Making backups of movies you own is perfectly acceptable however.

You’ll need a reasonably fast computer. I suggest a Core2 Duo dual core running at 2.5ghz as the bottom of the line for this. A quad core, either AMD or Intel based would be better. Video encoding of HD material is cpu intensive, so faster/more cores is better.

You’ll also need a lot of hard drive space. I suggest getting two separate hard drives, one to hold the original rip from the disk, one as the target for your compressed file. Blu ray takes a lot of room, so you’ll need fairly large drives.

Necessary software: AnyDVD HD is the only blu ray ripping program that is currently effective against BD+ encryption. This is a must have.
The other program you’ll need is BD Rebuilder, which is currently free.

To burn to a DL disk, use ImgBurn. Since you are planning to use DL dvds, only buy Verbatim brand +R DL media. They are the only widely distributed brand of double layer dvds consistent enough for us to recommend.