Backing up a backup

i have made a super back up of attack of the clones with all the extras etc.
I have tried to back up from this disc using nero on the fly nero off the fly ,copytodvd and recordnowmax
All methods have registered successful but will not play on my dvd player just my pcs dvdrom .
any ideas

barford93,

I had the same problem as you have. I was doing my burns with CopyToDVd and was not able to copy them either.

I found out if I burn my DVD’s with nero or any other software that I can Copy them ok. It beats me why when I use CopyToDvd to create my initial backup I cannot copy them.

Also I had problems playing my DVd’s created by CopyToDVD on the burner I had burned them on.

Were/are you two using the CoughingPatton aspi thingy, or 4.60?

Mine back-up on-the-fly or after simple copying to HD and re-burn with C2D…

@barford93

Whenever I’ve made copies of my copies, I usually run them through DVD Decrypter to make the file on my hard drive. Even though there’s no encryption on the copy, it’ll still funnel right through Decrypter and into the file I’ve specified. (Actually, I have little other choice, since my standard DVD ROM drive doesn’t recognise DVD+R – thereby not allowing me to do a direct disk copy.) At any rate, it’s never proven to be a headache. Might work for you in your situation.

I always run the backup copy back onto the hdd with decrypter and thats also cause on my pc its faster than drag and drop. Generally drag and drop takes 30-40 minutes when decrypter only takes 15-20 … go figure :slight_smile:

Why don’t you just do an ISO read of your backup in DVD Decrypter and then ISO write when you’re done?

It works fine for me and the ISO read on your backup is fast!!! - no CSS protection.

'Cause by default DVD Decrypter writes at 2X… I’m assuming your drag & drop is only set to 1X speed.

Originally posted by FinoFX
I always run the backup copy back onto the hdd with decrypter and thats also cause on my pc its faster than drag and drop. Generally drag and drop takes 30-40 minutes when decrypter only takes 15-20 … go figure :slight_smile:

so your saying with nero or whatever, i just use copy cd? so stick my dvd burnt copy in the dvd rom, then a blank dvd-r in my pioneer drive. then i can open nero and just use disk copy? or what…?

@duckwings

Providing that your DVD ROM drive will recognize a DVD- (or +) R, then, yep. Just make sure that Express is set up to the DVD options – instead of the CD options (I’ve done that one, myself, and then couldn’t figure out why Nero was complaining about file sizes; I’m blonde, male, and Polish… strike one, two, AND three! What can I say?). In the DVD options menu, just select “Copy Entire Disk,” and you’re done.

If, on the other hand, your DVD ROM drive doesn’t recognize your copy (as mine won’t… dammit), then just create a blank file, place your copy in your recorder, open DVD Decrypter and go that route. You won’t affect the copy’s quality either way, since you haven’t re-encoded anything.

@phuocle

'Cause by default DVD Decrypter writes at 2X… I’m assuming your drag & drop is only set to 1X speed.

Good info I wasn’t aware of even the option of only 1X for drag and drop. I do use decrypter ISO mode when sloshing them to the hdd but I just run with ole Nero since I got 2 burners it’ll (most time) get me all jammed up and sitting there for about 5 minutes while it goes into “No Response Mode” since its generally trying to use the last defaulted drive I set on Nero. Most time I got both pumping at the same time. But great idea that probly is the fastest way. Thanks

I noticed something interesting using DVD Decrypter and RecordNow Max.

RecordNow only uses TrackAtOnce for DVDs. However, if I create an ISO file with DVD Decrypter, and load it in using RecordNow, it lists it as DiscAtOnce.

Anyone have an explaination for this?

Originally posted by barford93
i have made a super back up of attack of the clones with all the extras etc.
I have tried to back up from this disc using nero on the fly nero off the fly ,copytodvd and recordnowmax
All methods have registered successful but will not play on my dvd player just my pcs dvdrom .
any ideas

I have the same problem with all Star Wars films (purchased set of of forum). The set I purchased and any copies I try to make, will not play on my Standalone Player, which is a Sony DVP NS405.

They Will play on other Standalones and on the PS2, but there seems to be something in the Menu structure that the Sony doesn’t like or can’t read.
The only way I managed to watch them on the Sony, was to run them through Dvd Decryptor/Dvd20ne in “Movie Only” mode, which stripped off the menus.

I would wager that your copies are OK and it’s your Player.
Maybe worth trying on other Players first.

I have also found the same problem/solution with “Donnie Darko” and “MIB2”

Originally posted by writersblock29
[B]@duckwings

Providing that your DVD ROM drive will recognize a DVD- (or +) R, then, yep. Just make sure that Express is set up to the DVD options – instead of the CD options (I’ve done that one, myself, and then couldn’t figure out why Nero was complaining about file sizes; I’m blonde, male, and Polish… strike one, two, AND three! What can I say?). In the DVD options menu, just select “Copy Entire Disk,” and you’re done.

If, on the other hand, your DVD ROM drive doesn’t recognize your copy (as mine won’t… dammit), then just create a blank file, place your copy in your recorder, open DVD Decrypter and go that route. You won’t affect the copy’s quality either way, since you haven’t re-encoded anything. [/B]

I just tried it in nero express with 8mile, it keeps telling me to put in a bigger disc with more space. the movie is only 4.3gigs.

Also, i used dvd decrypt in ISO and FILE mode, both errored on like 97% or 98%. So any other ideas of copying a burnt copy of 8mile?

EASY…

Just do a 1 : 1 copy in Stomp Recorder Max, that`s how i do mine, if the original plays fine, the copy will too

:a