Backing up 127 hours

vbimport

Good Morning:

I just purchased the DVD “127 Hours” on Tuesday but because I have teenagers who play my dvds, I usually back them up. They don’t seem to be as careful with them, they, of course didn’t shell out the cash for them, typical.

However, DVD FAB DECRYPTER, Version 8.0.7.3 tries to open this source disk, but to no avail. Nothing happens.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

I would appreciate a reply. Many thanks to all those who have helped in the past.

Had no issues here worked just fine with ver 8.0.7.3 Pathplayer on

Thanks for your quick response. I have the Paid Version of 8.0.7.3 and I had Pathplayer turned on so it would go directly to the movie.
i"lll have to try it again this evening.

Thanks again.

Bean55, U show a site for a free media played.Is it worth downloading for regular DVDs? I have a Blu Ray reader by Asus in my newest computer and a HDMI 26" Monitor 1080p.

Cyberlink Power DVD came with the drive & ever since Cyberlink suggested I download the update, I haven’t been able to play my Blu Rays. Their Tech support suggests disable my AntiVirus, AntiSpyware & Firewall programs to run it. I even downloaded a trial version of their Version10 but still an error pops up.

I’m fed up with it. Can you recommend a freebie version to play Blu-Rays, or because I own Nero 9, I can upgrade to their Nero 10 Multimedia Suite Platinum HD which they claim plays back Blu-Ray discs which I enjoy watching on my computer when my wife is not interested in that particular movie…

I would appreciate a response from you or anyone else that may read this comment.

Power DVD Version 10 will work with BluRays along as you keep up the patches and updates. That is what I use for BluRay viewing.
After you load and reboot computer there is a patch somewhere to get the blurays to play

The vlc as far as i know does not play BluRay’s yet.

Used it more for regular DVD’s because I did not like microsoft player.

I experienced the same problem when trying to backup the 127 hours dvd except that I was using the paid DVDFab 8.0.7.6 beta version. After a number of tries, I continued to leave it runninhg and trying to open the source disk, and after 10+ minutes or so, it finally opened. I’m not sure why it took so long as this is not the norm, but I was then able to make a backup. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. I have the paid version but have not tried the new Beta version. I’ll just let it seek the Source a little longer. As U say, this is unusual but I’m glad I found somebody else with the same problem.

I use IMGBURN almost always for burning my DVD’s.

Many thanks for the replies.

When I was experiencing the problem, I went to this site with the hope of someone else having the same problem but…at that time, found nothing. I, too, am glad to see I’m not the only one:clap: Be patient and it should work.

Can not back up dvd 127 hours.

[QUOTE=Alfred Rossi;2578438]Can not back up dvd 127 hours.[/QUOTE]

There’s already a thread in here for this Alfred so I’ve moved your post in here.

DVDFab requires an update for this movie but I’m told this will be available soon.

In the meantime try it with PathPlayer disabled.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Disabling “Pathplayer” has been known to work for other members/users.

Bear in mind this is only a stop gap solution though as it takes a lot longer than normal to read the disc and there may be unplayable content or structural protection that isn’t fully removed using this method.

If anyone wants to be certain then wait for the update which will be along soon.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2578513]Bear in mind this is only a stop gap solution though as it takes a lot longer than normal to read the disc and there may be unplayable content or structural protection that isn’t fully removed using this method.

If anyone wants to be certain then wait for the update which will be along soon.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

You are correct my friend waiting for the update is the way to go :iagree: I’ve never been one to be in a hurry :slight_smile:

Hi PWANJO:

I had no issues backing this DVD up either, was wondering if your DVD player has the current firmware / software updates.
Also on the PathPlayer mine is set to enable when necessary, hope this helps.:flower:

Hi everyone hope all of you are in good health and your day is going well :bigsmile:

touchdown_1 :kiss:

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2578555]Also on the PathPlayer mine is set to enable when necessary…[/QUOTE]

This could be as a result of different versions having different protections though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

7082 works with PP disabled.