Backing of lots of my DVDs

vbimport

Hello everyone,

First off I would like to say I have been doing a lot of research on DVD burners and issues I am having and kept getting directed to this site. I have had great success with this site so I figured I would register.

My issue now is this. I will be moving out of state here soon and I have loads of dvds I have bought over there years. My collection would easily fill 3 or 4 cd books. I am very concerned that some may be damaged in my move so I would like to make a second copy of them just in case this should happen.

I am well aware of the copy protection on them and have never tried copying a dvd. Can anyone here recommend a program to bypass the protection to back up my movies? I am a noob to copying dvds so I would appreciate it if we kept everything as simple as possible.

thanks for any help.

Hi TR86 and WC…IMHO,the easiest/simplest would be to use an All-in-one proggy like DVDFab Platinum/Gold…It comes with a 30 day free trial before you purchase…I think you’ll be satisfied…
Try it out…And if you have any questions,there’s lots of Fab boys/girls here to help…Good luck!

Solid advice above, but here is an option. Posts #67 to #74, but please read Post #78 & any questions you have, ask them here. This is only one option for putting your backup on a single layer blank Dvd, there are other options for single layer as well as putting your backups on to dual layer blank Dvds.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html

[QUOTE=TR86;2110824]Hello everyone,

First off I would like to say I have been doing a lot of research on DVD burners and issues I am having and kept getting directed to this site. I have had great success with this site so I figured I would register.

My issue now is this. I will be moving out of state here soon and I have loads of dvds I have bought over there years. My collection would easily fill 3 or 4 cd books. I am very concerned that some may be damaged in my move so I would like to make a second copy of them just in case this should happen.

I am well aware of the copy protection on them and have never tried copying a dvd. Can anyone here recommend a program to bypass the protection to back up my movies? I am a noob to copying dvds so I would appreciate it if we kept everything as simple as possible.

thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

hmm…well if your moving I would first decide on how your going to packaged the media and then decide whether it’s feasible to spend that much money. And the book how many cd fits in them anyway? That would tell you how much many your going to have to spend and then decide whether you want DL or SL media to burn to. I use Anydvd to decrypt the problems and then either CloneCD to do 1:1 for DL to DL or SL to SL and or CloneDVD to do dvd9 to dvd5 as well as dvd9 to dvd9 and dvd5 to dvd5. But each of these programs have a 21 day limit before you have to buy. Couple things going for Anydvd is BD and to watch HD video decrypt without expensive video card to watch on your computer.

@coolcolors, spending money on blank disks or cd/dvd books is no problem. I many spindles of blank dvds for back up as it is and plenty of books in my closet for back up. The binders I use for my cds hold 128 disks.

@ everyone

thanks for all your help. Ill be checking into these progs and post if I run into a snag.