Backed up movie stop and start

While I am not a newbie to backing up movies a problem seems to come up every so often which I am not sure how to solve so I thought I would turn to the pros here for help.I use DVDFab Decrypter to rip movie to my hd and Clonedvd 2 to then burn to a blank dvd(if it needs to be shrunk down),and every so often a movie I have copied in this way will stutter,stop and start,can be once can be several times in a row making the movie no longer fun to watch.I have never really changed any of the settings on either program so is there ones I should,is there better programs which will give me a more consistant quality?.Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

I’d say it’s possibly the discs you’re using. Can you run CD-DVD Speed, put a “problem” disc in, and tell us the MID info (under the “Disc Info” tab)?

Also, knowing what burner you have, and its firmware, would be handy :slight_smile:

MID is RITEK R03 (002), the burner is a SONY DVD RW DRU-810A firmware 1.0d

You might want to change that media - Ritek isn’t considered to be as good as it once was.

Maybe try some Verbatim media. :slight_smile:

I appreciate the help,i am currently using memorex,was using fuji,are those programs I am using good or is there better out there?(quality wise)

I’ve had the same problem with that grade of media (don’t be fooled by the Memorex name) - no problems at all since switching to Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden discs. :slight_smile:

As for your programs - DVD Decrypter is great, but no longer updated to handle the latest protections. However, you can still use it in conjunction with a program called RipIt4Me.

Or, you can use CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD running in the background to strip copy protection. :slight_smile: