Backed up DVD play on PC and not Stand alone DVD players

I am not a new user of DVDFab Platinum. I have used this program to back up DVd’s for over 2 years.

Up until the last two versions DVD FAb worked flawlessly. I was using version 3.2.1.0 in the exact same manner as in the past. Disc backs up OK.

Plays fine on my PC (NERo Showtime) but when I tried to play it on my standalone player it gives a message of “loading” and endlessly cycles.

I am using the same verbatim discs I always use. To my knowledge nothing else had changed.

Any Ideas. I tried the 4.0 beta. Same result. Any suggestions?

Are you using +R or -R? Single Layer or Dual Layer? What burner?

+R DL Verbatim

Windows XP PRO version 2
WinFast by Foxconn motherboard NF4UK8AA
Socket 939 for AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000
Based on nVIDIA nForce 4 Chipset

Memory 1 GB

Ben Q DVD DD DW1620 firmware version B7P9

I’m not sure, sounds like too fast burn speed. Stand alone DVD Player hates high burning speeds in most cases. If this is not your problem, maybe you forgot to use bitsettings (DVD-Rom) for +R media ?
I also gues, the difference between Packet Writing and SAO Writing could be a reason. Please remember, if you want to play DVDs in a Stand alone, this is not the same situation as on PC drives. What I mean is: PC drives can read without errors, your stand alone may not reconized the same media.

EDIT: @ t0nee1, you’re wrong, I’m not quicker as you. I have just a back pain and need very long to write :sad:

Just curious,but do you have the +R DL’s booktyped to DVD-ROM?
Edit: Amiga was quicker on the draw…:wink:

I checked my settings. Not set to DVD ROM.

Best I recall program has been prompting me for speed. Last time I selected Recodmmedd. Time before I selected 4.0

this is throwing me.

A couple of discs back I used the Splet discs setting to DVD5’s. Worked great.

I hve never had a coaster using Verbatim. Now I have six after trying twice on discs. thanks for trying to help.

Forgot. The stand alone player is a SONY which I have used for over a year with no problems.

Did you save the rip to your hard drive, if so try burning the image with Imgburn/ or re-burn with FAB and set the book-type to DVD-ROM in both before burning.

I 'll give it a try. Thanks

For DL burning with ImgBurn, there is a guide here, here & here.

I tried to burn DVD from hardrive (from DVDFab to hardrive) same result. Plays on PC only.

As you suggested I tried IMGBurn which was successful. So I found a solution in this manner thank you very much.

It is still difficult for me to understand that I have been using DVDFab for 2 years, using the best Disc available and not had this problem. I have never set the program to DVD ROM setting in the past. should this be an issue?

To my knowledge nothing has changed in my system except upgrading to the latest version of DVDFab. I have been successful splitting the discs and burning to 2 disc instead of using the DL disc.

I have found DVDFab to be a very good application that is responsive to my questions in the past. Hopefully I can identify the problem on my PC or if there is an on going problem with this in the newer versions of DVDFab, so I can continue to use my excellent DVDFab application to smoothly and realiably work for me without wasted (and expensive Verbatim discs)

Is anyone else experiencing problems with backing up to DL discs.

Appreciate all your interest and assistance.

Hugh

I have been using DVD Fab for several years. I upgraded recently, and now all of my recently archived DVDs will not play on the stand alone DVD players, but play fine on my computers…
I have not had this problem with prior versions of DVD Fab.

The discs that I used are
HP DVD+r 16x
Memorex DVD+r DL Dual Layer

I made a stack of archives to take on a trip.
Bummer that none of them work except on my pc’s

[QUOTE=W84Wind;1922650]I have been using DVD Fab for several years. I upgraded recently, and now all of my recently archived DVDs will not play on the stand alone DVD players, but play fine on my computers…
I have not had this problem with prior versions of DVD Fab.

The discs that I used are
[B]HP DVD+r 16x
Memorex DVD+r DL Dual Layer[/B]

I made a stack of archives to take on a trip.
Bummer that none of them work except on my pc’s[/QUOTE]
There is your problem right there. Use only good media like Verbatim and for DL Verbatim +R DL only. Check out ImgBurn for burning them.

In my previous reply on this subject I asked whether anyone else was having the same problem “OK PC not standalone player.”

Apparently someone else is experiencing the same problem.

I am using Verbatim +R DL discs (and have for nearly 2 years). At others suggestions (thank you very much) I used ImgBurn to successfully burn these discs.

Does this mean that I cannot count on DVDFab to burn discs in the future?

Not trying to be difficult. This just makes DVDFab one dimensional for me.

[QUOTE=riverrat;1922879]In my previous reply on this subject I asked whether anyone else was having the same problem “OK PC not standalone player.”

Apparently someone else is experiencing the same problem.

I am using Verbatim +R DL discs (and have for nearly 2 years). At others suggestions (thank you very much) I used ImgBurn to successfully burn these discs.

Does this mean that I cannot count on DVDFab to burn discs in the future?

Not trying to be difficult. This just makes DVDFab one dimensional for me.[/QUOTE]

Do you have “SET booktype for DVD+R” [B]cheeked[/B] in common settings :confused:

Common setting are:

4x speed

packet writing

DVD-5 size 4300 MB (no problems using DVD-5’s)

DVD-9 size 8000 MB

Booktype to DVD-ROM (only place I see for DVD R+ setting’s

Previous to last failed (after which I used the same harddrive save to burn successfully from IMGBurn) burn from hardrive to DVD-9 disc using DVDFab I don’t recall setting this setting to DVD-ROM. Really did not surface as an issue until recently.

Thanks

Hi riverrat

Try changing packet writing to SAO. The 4300 MB setting is OK for DVD5, but you will get slightly less compression if you choose 4464 and use good quality blank media. If you could post a burn log from one of the failed DL burns it might help someone spot the problem. Directions for doing this are in my signature area below.

[QUOTE=linx05;1922706]There is your problem right there. Use only good media like Verbatim and for DL Verbatim +R DL only. Check out ImgBurn for burning them.[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t really explain the problem.
Why I was able to use the exact same media with the exact same burner without problems - until the most recent release of the software?

[QUOTE=W84Wind;1923440]That doesn’t really explain the problem.
Why I was able to use the exact same media with the exact same burner without problems - until the most recent release of the software?[/QUOTE]It’s a phenomena we have all witnessed.

I’m having the same problems:
Splitting original DVD (double layer) in 2 DVD-5
plays on PC, not on standalone Marantz DVD-player (except the menu)
Problems started after the last upgrades of DVDFab Gold

BenQ 1620
Plextor DVD+R (single layer) Taiyo Yuden
Tried packet writing and SAO, DVD-ROM, DMA etc.
Windows XP

I hope someone has the answer. In the meantime I will try to download an older version of DVDFab Gold.