Back up

vbimport

what can dvdfab back up

it does not look like much

[QUOTE=kenbra;2187111]what can dvdfab back up

it does not look like much[/QUOTE]

As the name of the product suggests, DVDFab can back up DVDs. (Or more specifically, DVDs with feature films on them, as game DVDs employ different protection schemes, and I’ve never seen them mentioned here.)

What other sorts of things would you like to back up?

O’C

:slight_smile:

i was just kidding theres so many problems with this version of dvdfab

[QUOTE=kenbra;2187144]i was just kidding theres so many problems with this version of dvdfab[/QUOTE]

Lol (sorta)…

Unfortunately, most of the crop of newest problems seem to be associated with the VSO engine.

Those kinda problems are not DVDFab’s fault, or fixable by DVDFab’s authors.

What I suspect has happened is that VSO changed (probably only very slightly) the format for interfacing between the two programs, without telling Fengtao.

In that scenario, he would have left his setup the same (from a programming point of view), but the VSO engine isn’t applying that data correctly, and as a result, we are seeing verification errors, unable to create ISO files, failure of disks to play in devices, etc., etc.

If I were Fengtao, I’d be screaming at VSO to get their act together (I’ve been monitoring the VSO forum, and they just aren’t reporting the same error level we’re seeing, (but the forum probably sees more of the VSO stand-alone program, and forums where the engine interfaces with other software will get the error complaints). I think the updated program is basically OK, and once interfacing is correct, we’ll see a drop in these types of problems.

O’C

:iagree: