Back up of Twilight

I am trying to backup Twilight but it hangs up at the 35.43% using dvdfab 6.0.1.0 any suggestions?

[QUOTE=harry_cohen@hotmail.com;2279166]I am trying to backup Twilight but it hangs up at the 35.43% using dvdfab 6.0.1.0 any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

DVDFab can do this movie, if cleaning the disc does not help use Nero CD/Disc speed to do a scan of it to check for any bad or damaged sectors.

Thank you I will try that. I should have mentioned that I just installed the new version and the disc is new with no scratches on it…

[QUOTE=harry_cohen@hotmail.com;2279179]Thank you I will try that. I should have mentioned that I just installed the new version and the disc is new with no scratches on it…[/QUOTE]

It has been reported that there are bad pressed DVD’s of this title floating around, so doing a scan would show if you have one of those problematic disc.

I had trouble backing up this movie and got it to work by disabling the pathplayer in dvdfab settings. This movie apparently has an authoring issue. I hope this helps. But copy to your HD and then use img brn build mode to write it. I have had good results this way. (Thanks SJ):bigsmile:

[QUOTE=ripvanwinkle1819;2279991]I had trouble backing up this movie and got it to work by disabling the pathplayer in dvdfab settings. This movie apparently has an authoring issue. I hope this helps. But copy to your HD and then use img brn build mode to write it. I have had good results this way. (Thanks SJ):bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

:wink:

Your welcome :iagree:

Anyone nows if the DVDFab Team try to do anything agains this new copyprotection of twilight?

The runtime of the Moviefiles is over 3:03 hours, but only 1:56 are good parts. At the first part ist a bad sector with a green screen showing, and after the 18 the film runs again but not at the beginning at the movie.

I check the IFO Files and see that the Programming is 4 times switching the continue sectors.

You can rip it to HD and the movie still running, but the file is to big.
Over 6GB

Have anyone information for me how to rip this fu… movie.

Thanks

Hi M5, and welcome to the forum!

There is nothing special about the protections on this movie and DVDFab handles it nicely. You are correct though the rip of the main movie is way large. In my opinion too large for a transcoder program like Fab. It has to compress way too much and quality is lost. What I did was to rip the main movie only to the HDD with Fab set to DVD-9 so there would be no compression at all, then used an encoder program on it. There is a good encoder program that is a free download, out of deference for the developers of DVDFab I won’t name it here and do not recommend it as an alternative to DVDFab, just an every-once-in-a-while adjunct. Shoot me a PM and I’ll put you on to it. You should know that what DVDFab can do in minutes an encoder will take hours, but the quality is worth it to me on these very large movie files.

You can do just main movie or use a DL disc and rip full disc or else use clone, FAB will do this movie with no problem

[QUOTE=90312;2303293]Hi M5, and welcome to the forum!

There is nothing special about the protections on this movie and DVDFab handles it nicely. You are correct though the rip of the main movie is way large. …[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks by that way…

I will try it to Reauthor with Shrink, but first i must started to Remap the single VOB Files… That will take a lot of Time…

At this time i think it will be the best way for good quali and low HD Space

I will hang on

(Sorry for my bad english… its a long time ago:bow:)

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2303325]You can do just main movie or use a DL disc and rip full disc or else use clone, FAB will do this movie with no problem[/QUOTE]

Its not so easy in germany to rip a DVD beacause we have special protections on it. In my Country they test the newest Copyprotection first.

That makes many problems for people to play the DVD`s on standard DVD Players.

Law and Buisness working hand in hand