Back up my old DVD's....but dont know

vbimport

:bow:
best greating dear forum member’s

I have some of my old DVD’s that I urgently need to make back up’s of.

Until now I have converted/ripped my DVD’s with DVD decrypter and have now a “traditional” DVD library in the converted folders. The thing is now that I cant get the folders in a format which makes it possible for me to burn this to a new DVD. What is the best solution for me to use?
The folders is as well quite big and I dont get it???

Please assist…:iagree:

//Mr-Zebra

Hi Mr.-Zebra and welcome:

It sounds like a job for imgburn (free and excellent).

http://imgburn.com/

Here is a link for the Guides and remember to use quality media (Verbatim or TY) and definitely Verbatim for DL media.

best greating dear forum member’s

I have some of my old DVD’s that I urgently need to make back up’s of.

Until now I have converted/ripped my DVD’s with DVD decrypter and have now a “traditional” DVD library in the converted folders. The thing is now that I cant get the folders in a format which makes it possible for me to burn this to a new DVD. What is the best solution for me to use?
The folders is as well quite big and I dont get it???

Please assist…:iagree:

//Mr-Zebra[/quote]

This traditional Dvd library, what format are the files in, for example, .IFO, .BUP, .VOB or .ISO. Are all your Dvds that you have ripped in individual folders? What size is each folder? I will post a link to one option for ripping & burning your backups nowadays. Posts #67 - 74, but please read post #78 & any questions you have ask here.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html

…the bad thing is that the DVD folders containing the VTS files are up to 7.5-8.5 GB which means that a normal DVD will not have enough room/space.
What tool should I use to get the size that will fit on a normal DVD-R??

:eek: …Mr-Zebra

Verbatim for DL Media [MKM, made in Singapore] for no compression

dvd shrink for transcoder speed

dvd rebuilder for encoder quality

[quote=Mr-Zebra;2139707]…the bad thing is that the DVD folders containing the VTS files are up to 7.5-8.5 GB which means that a normal DVD will not have enough room/space.

:eek: …Mr-Zebra[/quote]
DVD Shrink or DVD Rebuilder. Since you’re just starting out, DVD Shrink may be easier for you.

[quote=Mr-Zebra;2139707]…the bad thing is that the DVD folders containing the VTS files are up to 7.5-8.5 GB which means that a normal DVD will not have enough room/space.

:eek: …Mr-Zebra[/quote]

Using free programs, the choices come down to a transcoder called DVDShrink, or a program that can utilize full encoders, called DVDRebuilder.

Shrink is much faster than DVDRebuilder, no matter what system you are using it in. But the copies will not be as good a quality as you can get from DVDRebuilder, especially if you are doing full backups, including all menus and extras. You can reduce the amount of needed compression by simply not including extras, foreign language streams, etc.

You can find DVDShrink at www.mrbass.org I suggest looking through his guides to using the program also, or the ones that are here at cdfreaks in the Copy Movie forum.

DVDRebuilder can be found here: http://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/ The free version is not as versatile as the Pro version, but will work for this basic compression task. Use the HC encoder that is included with the program and you will get excellent results.

Beyond these two programs, there are many choices if you want to pay for a transcoder. NeroReCode, DVDFab Platinum, CloneDVD and DVD2One are some of the options.

Edit: I’m getting very slow…two posters ahead of me, but the info is still valid

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2139713]Edit: I’m getting very slow…two posters ahead of me, but the info is still valid[/QUOTE]

and you always explain things, which makes it newbie friendly. :slight_smile:

Hello to all, I’ve just signed up.
I too am having trouble converting VTS files to a writable DVD format. I’ll give your suggestion atry.
Steve

VTS files are the correct format. There is no converting. What is the problem that you are having?

Click the link in Post #3 & follow the part after DvdFab HD Decrypter.