Back-up Good Luck Chuck

vbimport

Hello everyone

I tried backing up Good Luck Chuck(new release movie) with DVDShrink and an error came up strait away. Could anyone help me please and perhaps recommend me a program to use?

[quote=Noackian;2047519]Hello everyone

I tried backing up Good Luck Chuck(new release movie) with DVDShrink and an error came up strait away. Could anyone help me please and perhaps recommend me a program to use?[/quote]
it depends if you want freeware or want to purchase a program. You can use dvd43 with dvdshrink and dvd43 is freeware. You can use dvdfab hd decryptor freeware also or you can try a 30 trial of dvdfab platinum. I used dvdfab platinum on this movie and it backed up no problems

The free FabHD should work.
I am a liitle leery of DVD43. Its not updated, and has been known to conflict with other apps. i took it of my PC.
Another free app is [B]Ripit4me[/B], that works for most movies, and can be gotten at majorgeeks website.

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2047681]The free FabHD should work.
I am a liitle leery of DVD43. Its not updated, and has been known to conflict with other apps. i took it of my PC.
Another free app is [B]Ripit4me[/B], that works for most movies, and can be gotten at majorgeeks website.[/QUOTE]

Development of DVD43 was suspended for quite a considerable period of time however updates recommenced recently and it’s currently actively supported again.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[quote=Wombler;2047766]Development of DVD43 was suspended for quite a considerable period of time however updates recommenced recently and it’s currently actively supported again.

[B]Wombler[/B][/quote]
Yes the last update was on april 9 2008. I would not have mentioned dvd43 if it was not updated anymore

Thanks for the info.
My major complaint with dvd43 was that it caused a conflict with another program. As i recall at the time,it was either a conflict with dvdshrink or dvd decrypter.
So, has this conflict issue been solved, cause otherwise, its not going to be loaded back onto my pc.

I never had any real good luck with DVD43. At the time i tried it, it seemed to rub Decrypter the wrong way.

I ditched it then and honestly haven’t looked back. Especially with the apps available now.

I also didn’t know it’s kicking again. Thanks for the info.

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2047925]Thanks for the info.
My major complaint with dvd43 was that it caused a conflict with another program. As i recall at the time,it was either a conflict with dvdshrink or dvd decrypter.
So, has this conflict issue been solved, cause otherwise, its not going to be loaded back onto my pc.[/QUOTE]

No idea to be honest.

The change log isn’t very enlightening in that regard but it may well have been fixed.

I’ve no real need for this program so I never use it.

It’s a personal preference on my part but I prefer to run standalone software rather than having something running constantly in the background.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Sorry Noackian but I tried dvd43 with dvdshrink and it not work but you can use dvdfab hd decryptor to rip to your hdd and then use shrink to compress and burn to dvd. Also I would try dvdfab platinum it gives a 30 day free trial.

[quote=jamoskeag3;2047925]Thanks for the info.
So, has this conflict issue been solved, cause otherwise, its not going to be loaded back onto my pc.[/quote]
Yes it not work with dvdshrink and the program it conflicts with is ripit4me.

@[B]Noackian [/B]

Getting off of the DVD43 stuff…when that movie came out i backed my copy up with DvdFab Hd Decrypter > FixtVts > Dvd Shrink > ImgBurn.

Just omit FixVts as i doubt is was really neccessary just done more out of habit than anything.

If you still have trouble, try doing main movie only.

[QUOTE=GJ;2048567]Sorry Noackian but I tried dvd43 with dvdshrink and it not work but you can use dvdfab hd decryptor to rip to your hdd and then use [B]shrink to compress and burn [/B]to dvd. Also I would try dvdfab platinum it gives a 30 day free trial.[/QUOTE]
Dvd Shrink does [B]not[/B] burn.
You need to use a burner after Shrink, such as Nero or Imgburn. You can progam Shrink to go auto to these burners.

[quote=jamoskeag3;2048754]Dvd Shrink does [B]not[/B] burn.
You need to use a burner after Shrink, such as Nero or Imgburn. You can progam Shrink to go auto to these burners.[/quote]
I already know it not burn and the OP should already know as it what they tried to use

I was trying to clarify what Shrink can and cant do for readers other than the OP, since I believe info in post #9 to be misleading.

Just to clear up a couple of things, DVD43 was more of a unstable program with the program itself and the driver, sometimes causing BSOD.

That being said don’t run any kind of on the fly copy protection removal program when ripping with RipIt4Me. That’s just common sense.