Back up Far Cry?

vbimport

As I am sure you know…
Safedisc V3.20

I have tried unsuccessfully to create a backup using BW5. The DVD does not seem to contain any bad sectors yet when I mount the image with DT 3.46 I get ‘insert original disc’ message.

Weird.

Hi, I have not tried this game yet, but I managed to make a working copy of UT2004 in one try this morning.

Try getting the no cd fix from ‘game burn world’ and see if that helps!

Monkeys throw their poo!:smiley:

Originally posted by tHeYmAdEmEdOiT
[B]Hi, I have not tried this game yet, but I managed to make a working copy of UT2004 in one try this morning.

Monkeys throw their poo!:smiley: [/B]

I thought that at least you could write your name correctly, ok,
not so bad, only one letter

Do some people even understand what we try to do here on this forum?

The whole point is to make a 1:1 BACKUP. I could just go and download the Deviance version and not even pay for it…But I like the game and do want to pay. I have paid. I just want to protect my investment

why so pissy?
Its my first my first time on the forum…just trying to help…Oh well, I will know better next time!!!

Also I think you are out of order!

:confused:

why so pissy?

Unfortunately stuff like this…

…does not help this site as it will be shut down if it looks as though it supports illegal behaviour.

Using no-cd patches uses reverse engineering and thus deemed illegal. In future please refrain from suggesting such things as the board will have no option but to ban you.

Police hat off now!!! :smiley: and back to the problem in hand…

on my way now to pick the game up, will get back to you on what i find.

I have bought the game this moring, in fact, I dont think that using the no - cd crack is any worse than making a 1.1 back up, I am keeping the original, the game is installed on my HD, and with the no - cd fix it means that I dont have to keep putting the original disc in (damage etc)

I did the same with UT2004, I would make a 1.1 copy to back up my ‘investment’ but I am not that advanced on PC’s (1 month to be precise) as I have been using Mac’s up to this point.

So I think you have the wrong end of the stick my friend!

The only 2 games I own are the 2 purchased this week and I am keeping em!

I hope that clarifies things.

I didnt mean to be pissy but I read the forum rules before I started posting and just figured other people should too:p

no problems, good luck with backing up far cry.

also, read the rules, now understand

Hi,
Just got FarCry today and have also been trying back it up. No luck so far as when I try to mount on DT 3.46 I get the dreaded " Emulation Software detected" message. Thought it might be Al120 so uninstalled that- still no joy…anyone managed this yet?

Now that’s interesting, Ive just tried the original and guess what…yep that’s right, still getting the same message

I backed up FarCry using BW 5.15 with a Lite-On 52x32x52 drive and loaded it up with D-Tools 3.46, no problems. I also applied the latest 1.1 patch and still have no problems loading the image.

I was refering to the DVD version.

I just get insert original CD and nothing about emulation

I was refering to the DVD version.

So was I

Originally posted by Jamera
Hi,
Just got FarCry today and have also been trying back it up. No luck so far as when I try to mount on DT 3.46 I get the dreaded " Emulation Software detected" message. Thought it might be Al120 so uninstalled that- still no joy…anyone managed this yet?
Now that’s interesting, Ive just tried the original and guess what…yep that’s right, still getting the same message

If you use XP, try making a new limited ! useraccount, which you can then choose on startup, solved it on my system.

Originally posted by Terramex
If you use XP, try making a new limited ! useraccount, which you can then choose on startup, solved it on my system.

ahhhh HOW? please explain somebody how this can make a difference

Originally posted by germanjulian
ahhhh HOW? please explain somebody how this can make a difference

For sure it makes no difference, if you don’t try it. ( This advice comes from official Ubisoft forum and worked for many people, not for all) Limited useraccount > less rights

ok i believe you… just I didnt know the the limited user account does anything to copy protection cd’s… :confused:

Tried limited user account and it worked, BUT clone cd failed to to iniate on startup. That got me thinking that it was actualy clone cd/ clone dvd that was causing the problem so I have uninstalled them ( tend to use BW/ AL120 more now anyway) and hey presto it works!!!

That got me thinking that it was actualy clone cd/ clone dvd that was causing the problem so I have uninstalled them

Yes, I agree that CloneCD 4.2. is blacklisted by FarCry!
But I doubt that CloneDVD that you mentioned is blacklisted, because CloneDVD is made to backup DVDmovies and not games. But I am careful, because CloneDVD is not installed on my PC.

You dont have to uninstall Alcohol120%, Daemontools or Blindwrite, but you have to uninstall CloneCD to start FarCry.

You can make an mountable working image from the FarCry DVD with Alcohol120% 1.4.8., but the image is not burnable on DVD, because of the DAO-writing-mode for DVD.
By the way: I wasn`t able to build a mountable image with Blindwrite5! So the Blindread engine should be updated soon.

:cool: