Back-Up Copy -OR- No-CD Patch?

Which is the preferred method? Isn’t the patch a great deal easier? Just looking for opinions…

Originally posted by FGarvin
Which is the preferred method? Isn’t the patch a great deal easier? Just looking for opinions…

u don’t seem to have read the rules nor read the post at the top of this forum entitled “No hacks, cracks, serials are allowed here.”

I’m only looking for opinions, not patches, hacks or cracks. I’ve read the rules and I understand and agree with them. BTW, what is your opinion on which method is preferable?

Back up copies. NO-CD cracks violate the copyright and also the End user agreement that comes with the software - - and you agree to it when you install the software.

I only posed the query because I’ve noticed that with each new iteration of copy protection, it can take as long as 30 seconds just to get to the start-up screen. I just bought Tiger Woods 2004 and it takes forever to initialize as it searches the CD to ensure it’s not a copy. I’m a registered owner of DiscJuggler, Alcohol 120% and even Nero 6 (probably the most pirated software out there), so please don’t believe that I’m advocating piracy, I was only soliciting opinions, not endorsing law breaking.

Nor did we say you were :wink:

i wasn’t accusing u of advocating piracy, but the discussion of using cracks is pretty much taboo in this forum (although now that i read the rules over again, the rules themselves only specifically state that requests for and posting of cracks aren’t allowed; maybe a mod or someone should consider changing the wording of the rules if the discussion isn’t allowed as well). i’d have to say that cd checks are a pain, but a EULA is a EULA.

Originally posted by FGarvin

A back-up copy is legal. A no-cd patch is not. End of discussion. :cop: