Back up copy of copywrited cd but will only play original

Hi, i work at an institution that bought a cd package of an educational program. It came with one cd but all staff need to use the disc. Only one disc so everyone has to come to the one computer it is on.
I can copy the cd but when i try to use it it says it is not the original.
Is there any way around this. It was a hugely expensive product to buy but only came with one disc.
Cheers, Jedda

[QUOTE=jedda;2232690]Hi, i work at an institution that bought a cd package of an educational program. It came with one cd but all staff need to use the disc. Only one disc so everyone has to come to the one computer it is on.
I can copy the cd but when i try to use it it says it is not the original.
Is there any way around this. It was a hugely expensive product to buy but only came with one disc.
Cheers, Jedda[/QUOTE]

DId your education program contact the software company about purchasing multiple copies rather then just getting one program? I would think that the institution would’ve know to do this ahead of time?? What you got is the copy protection program something that isn’t removable. Also since you didn’t mention what the software is and the company it’s hard to give help on?? A little more info would help those to be able to help you more.

Hi, the program is Boardmaker Plus!
The story i heard is that it came with only one copy. Unusual yes as it is for a school.

I just did a bit of a google search and a forum thread came up from cdfreak
"Please scan the disc and the installation directory with a protection scanner so we can give you better advice."

that was the advice given and after that the person wanting to know never responded.

Whats a protection scanner. I’ve never heard of it. What are you supposed to do.

Thanks for your time.
Jedda

You can scroll down the main forums page here at CDF and look for the Copy Protection forum. There are some guides and useful information there. One popular scanner is Protection ID, read about it in the subform.

I used Alcohol 120% and now have a nother working copy. Must have Alcohol in the background, allows newly created disc to work.
Yayyyyyyyyyy