Back up copies of U2

i have been having a huge problem here trying to install my back up copies of U2…

i have a plex 24x writer…using clonecd and blindwrite to make backups…read and write with both the plex and LTD

the first disc installs fine…however when i insert the second disc i get a CRC error and the install program hangs at 46%…

this happens on these drives…plex 24x , 8x , and Affrey 56x
nevertheless, the game installs fine on my LTD 163D drive…

made copies with subs and without subs seeing what that would do…i have noticed with Blindwrite’s image verification there are uncorrectable errors…meaning the EDC…then with the burnt log i notice this

HD image is OK
Sector: Bad headers 0 - ((((Bad Edc 1)))) - Weak 0 - Status 0
File systems: Volumes 2 - files 60 - folders 18
Volume size 646846 boot 0 Vol ID Unreal2 Play CD - 07/01/2003 4:57:33 PM Status 1
----- Image verification ended -----
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Patin-couffin version 10 in use
Blindwrite Version 4.2.5.35
----- CD DEVICE INFO START OF REPORT -----
Cd Unit report started at 13/03/2003 2:55:19 PM

VendorID : “PLEXTOR”
UnitId : “CD-R PX-W2410A”
FwID : “2002/03/14 10:00”
FwDate : “1.04”
Drivers : 00000000/00000000/0000000000000016
Speeds : 40/24/10/0
Bsize : 4096
Flags : 00000

end of CD Unit report
----- CD DEVICE INFO END OF REPORT -----
Unit 1:0:0 - PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W2410A 1.04 [D] (Ide)
Speed Max
VolumeId : “Unreal2 Play CD”
Hash : 48E84F52EB056E6F67023BA4BD24F37D64C6BAF4
HD image “Unreal2 Play CD.BWT”
Writing mode : DAO PW
No subcodes in file. they’ll be generated
Physical CD descriptor (BWA) file found.
713 dual sectors will be added to recreate lower sector densities
Sectors read : 324436
Sectors built: 0
CD is complete

could that be the problem…??? i dont know this is strange…cannot even install the backups…what could i be doing wrong

Nothing unusual about your results at all.

You’ve got one read error which is normal for securom 4.8x.

Twinsectors were inserted into the image when burnt (normal).

It installs from the copy from a Lite-on drive (normal).

It won’t install from the copy from a plex drive (normal). [If you want to install with a copy from a plex, make an ordinary copy of the play cd without bwa just using nero or whatever.]

It will almost certainly run from your Ltd-163D and probably will from the plex too if installed from the original or with the copy from your Litey dvd.

Given that you can install and run your copy from your Litey dvd, what’s the problem? :confused:

i did some last minute tests…i made a copy of U2 play disc with alcohol 120% (latest version) with the securom V.4+ profile with the RMPS option UNCHECKED…only subs and skip errors

the disc was without the (twin sectors or BWA) just trying to see if it would install…and it did install from my affrey 56x…

made a 4x *.ccd image with Alcohol and going to use the (twinpeak) program to make; hopefully a working copy that will install and play from my four cd-rom devices…

and in the twinpeak program should i change the default sectors that will be patched?

anyway will post my results

well i couldnt get a working backup; that would install too of the “play disc” with either the clone+twinpeaks or Blindwrite’s BWA method…will hang at 47% and come up with a CRC error…

said screw it and made just a regular backup without the Linear Velocity data…

i use Alcohol but any other would work ==clone or blindwrite etc…

so i have Disc 1 and 2 and another copy of Disc 2 with the Linear Velocity…!!!

and everything in my computer world is peach keen!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: