Back up Blu ray 1080i

vbimport

Hello,

I’m having problem. I would back up Cold Prey 2 but dvdfab 6220 beta tells me “Cannot compress interleaved source for now, output size will be about…”

I think it’s because the movie is 1080i and dvdfab couldn’t compress 1080i to dvd9 1080p or dvd5 720p.

How can i make my back up?

1080i to 1080p or 720p will be supported?

Thank you for your help/answers

[QUOTE=clovershield;2488161]Hello,

I’m having problem. I would back up Cold Prey 2 but dvdfab 6220 beta tells me “Cannot compress interleaved source for now, output size will be about…”

I think it’s because the movie is 1080i and dvdfab couldn’t compress 1080i to dvd9 1080p or dvd5 720p.

How can i make my back up?

1080i to 1080p or 720p will be supported?

Thank you for your help/answers[/QUOTE]

I really do not think Fab can compress Bluray at all. It will decrypt the Bluray disc to your hdd but then you need a Bluray writer to write it to a bluray disc. It certainly has nothing to do with 1080i or 1080P. Maybe someone else can elaborate.:slight_smile:

Well, I have same message time to time. I can’t explain why some of the material Fab can transcode into BD dvd9 size, and some of them can’t. For now, I keep those films on my hdd, hoping some day this issue will be resolved by developers. I can only say that it has nothing to do with 1080i or 1080p, because I had that message on both. If anybody knows what could be done or tweaked, please let me know, your input is appreciated. Thank you.

[QUOTE=IPopov50;2488253]Well, I have same message time to time. I can’t explain why some of the material Fab can transcode into BD dvd9 size, and some of them can’t. For now, I keep those films on my hdd, hoping some day this issue will be resolved by developers. I can only say that it has nothing to do with 1080i or 1080p, because I had that message on both. If anybody knows what could be done or tweaked, please let me know, your input is appreciated. Thank you.[/QUOTE]
Some Bluray discs can be up to 50gbs, some 25gbs, these discs cannot be trans-coded to DVD9 and and DVD5 without losing the quality of a Bluray disc. If you want a DVD 5 or DVD9 you should buy a regular DVD, because you will lose all the quality if compressed that much.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2488224]I really do not think Fab can compress Bluray at all. It will decrypt the Bluray disc to your hdd but then you need a Bluray writer to write it to a bluray disc. It certainly has nothing to do with 1080i or 1080P. Maybe someone else can elaborate.:)[/QUOTE]

I don’t understand all the things you said:

[I]“I really do not think Fab can compress Bluray at all.”[/I]

But Dvdfab can compress a blu ray to BD50, BD25 1080p, BD9 1080p, BD9 720p or BD5 720p.

And it works very well.

I’ve a PS3 system and DVDfab is pretty good to compress Bluray and to copy on the pS3 HDD.

I prefer BD9 or BD5 because it takes few GB (4.5 to 8 GB) on the HDD and these a good quality (better than a regular dvd).

I tried with another blu ray (wolverine) to be sure (It could be a problem with the new 6220 beta) and do not have any problem as cold prey 2.

So I don’t understand why dvdfab can’t compress this movie.

If someone can help…

Thanks

Hi clovershield,
DVDFab is in capable doing interleaved movie in it’s current format,
I am also skeptical of it’s ability to compress. it doesn’t seem to have any consistency, so I find it easier to just burn to a blank BD disc,
but it appears cloverfield that you are going to stream to a PS3 player, and as I am not familiar with streaming I can’t be of any assistance on that subject.

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2488746]Hi clovershield,
DVDFab is in capable doing interleaved movie in it’s current format,
I am also skeptical of it’s ability to compress. it doesn’t seem to have any consistency, so I find it easier to just burn to a blank BD disc,
but it appears cloverfield that you are going to stream to a PS3 player, and as I am not familiar with streaming I can’t be of any assistance on that subject.[/QUOTE]

Hi Touchdown_1, thank you for your answer. I understand and I hope DVDFab will compress interleaved movies one day.

I just want to say that I don’t want to stream to PS3, but I want the movie directly on the PS3 hard drive. So I just copy the m2ts file on the PS3.

My under standing is the Fab team is working on the interleaved functionality, but as for a specific date for release there isn’t one.
So your best bet is to just keep checking in for the new updates, and hopefully it will be in one soon.

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2489077]My under standing is the Fab team is working on the interleaved functionality, but as for a specific date for release there isn’t one.
So your best bet is to just keep checking in for the new updates, and hopefully it will be in one soon.[/QUOTE]

Ok/

Thank you

Is this post resolved or unresolvable?